Chapter 25

Sorry for the late update! I took a small trip over the weekend and I set writing aside. But now I'm back and updates should be back to normal ;)

------------------------------------

"Chiaki? Chiaki are you okay?" Opening his small grey eyes, he lifted his head from his arms as he felt his small form being shook. Looking up, he saw his brother Izuki crouched down next to him still under you. "Izuki? What happened?"

"An earthquake. Come on, let's help mom." Carefully slipping out from under you, Izuki placed his small hand on your shoulder as he tried to shake you awake. Chiaki carefully coming out from underneath you. "Chiaki, try to find a way out." Izuki instructed as Chiaki tried to move the broken wooden planks away.

"Mom, mom. Wake up, the earthquake is done." Izuki stated as he shook you, but no reply was heard. "Hey, mom? Hello? Wake up." His brows furrowed as he shook you harder, but still no reply was heard. Pushing your hair away from your face, he gasped loudly at the sight of blood streaking down your face. "Agh!"

"What happened?" Chiaki asked as Izuki diverted his attention away from you. "Nothing, I just got a splinter. Keep searching." Nodding, Chiaki continued to relocate fallen debris. Izuki didn't want Chiaki freaking out over you bleeding, he couldn't let that happen. Bending down close to your face he heard your soft breathing and he relaxed a bit knowing you were still alive.

"Help!" Izuki yelped out for help as Chiaki followed behind. "Help!" "Help us!"

-

"Is everybody okay?" Akira asked as the investigators at the CCG stood back up from crouching on the floor to protect themselves. Looking around, Haise noticed that the building was unharmed from the disastrous earthquake. Looking out the window, he saw the major affects the earthquake caused.

"It's terrible out there..." An investigator stated as eyes glanced toward the window. Dialing your number on his phone, he waited for you to pick up but no reply was heard. Three times, four times, five times he called but you never picked up.

"Akira, I need to go check on (L/N)-chan." Turning over to him with her arms crossed she squinted her eyes at him. "Her house isn't the best for surviving an earthquake, I need to make sure her and her kids are okay."

Turning back to the window, Haise waited impatiently for a reply. "Go ahead, but you report back as soon as you can." Eyes widening he smiled and nodded, "Got it."

Haise left the building in record speed and ran toward your house as fast as he could. Houses all over were damaged, people all over the streets trying to find help anywhere. As he was approaching your house, he could hear small cries of 'help' from under all the debris.

"Chiaki! Izuki! Are you guys okay?!" Haise shouted as he pulled the mess away from where the voices were coming from. As he threw a piece against the wall, he found Izuki crouched down next to Chiaki. Picking them up from the floor, he set the down next to him as they clung onto him tightly. "We're scared!" Chiaki cried as he held onto Haise's arm.

Haise looked over at Izuki, "Where's your mom?" As he pointed toward the wood on the ground, Haise continued to remove pieces until he found your injured body. "(F/N)!" Helping you out from the mess, he saw that you were unconscious and bleeding slightly. Slipping his hands underneath you, he lifted you up from the floor and leaned you up against his body as he took his cellphone out and dialed a number, pressing his phone against his ear.

"What is it?" Akira asked toneless and unfazed. "I need you to come to (L/N)'s house and pick her kids up. I have to take (L/N) to the hospital, she's unconscious and injured right now." Haise stated as he glanced down at you. Hearing a sigh on the other side of the phone Akira replied, "Alright, what are their names?"

"Izuki is the older one and Chiaki is the younger one. I'm taking off to the hospital now, I'll meet you there." Ending the call, he slipped his phone back into his pocket and slipped his arm under your legs and the other behind your back carrying you bridal style.

"Izuki, I'm going to take your mom to the hospital. My friend Akira-san is going to come take care of you guys okay? Watch over Chiaki." Giving the young boys a reassuring smile, he carefully but swiftly made his way toward the hospital.

"Is mommy okay?" Chiaki asked as they looked outside at the bright sky surrounded by the mess of the earthquake. "Mommy will be fine. Sasaki-san is going to take her to the doctors so she'll be even better. We just have to wait for his friend." Chiaki nodded and sat close to his brother as they waited patiently.

"Izuki? Chiaki? Are you in here?" Lifting his heads up from his knees, he realized that a voice was calling out for them. It had been around five minutes since Haise had left and Izuki was feeling fatigue from everything. "We're in here."

Trudging her way through the mess, she crouched down by Izuki and Chiaki and gave them a soft smile. "My name is Akira. Sasaki told me to come get you guys to safety, come on." Helping the boys out of the house they stayed close to her legs as she looked back at the broken building. "It's a mess.."

"Where are we going to go?" Chiaki asked as he tugged on her hand. Looking down she gave him a pat on the head before she pointed ahead. "We're going to go to the big CCG building where your mom works. I'll introduce you to the nice people there." Smiling up at her, he nodded and reached up to hold her hand which made her freeze. But slowly, she held his small hand back.

-

Your head was throbbing. Reaching up to touch your forehead, you felt a medical band wrapped around your head and your eyes shot open. Looking around, you noticed you were in a hospital room. "H-Haise." Snapping out of his daze in the chair next to you, he turned to you and grabbed your hand, holding it tightly. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, where are Izuki and Chiaki?" You asked, not seeing them around. Worry began to fill you as you thought about your two young boys. "Haise, where are they?" Smiling gently at you, he rubbed your shoulder to calm you down. "It's okay, Akira has them. You need to worry about yourself right now."

Laying back against the bed, you looked over at Haise with a sad expression. "Where am I going to live now? I can't support Izuki and Chiaki like this.." Covering your face with your hands, Haise's heart broke when he heard sniffles coming from you. "Hey, hey...We'll figure something out. You can live with me!"

Dropping your hands slightly, you looked over at him and scrunched your eyebrows. "B-but you already have the Quinx living with you."

"It wouldn't matter. I'll talk to Akira and hope that she'll let you guys stay with us. The Quinx loves you guys anyways." You smiled at his words looked down at your lap.

"If it works out then; I'll come live with you."