Chapter 51

"The gender of your baby is a girl!"

Your eyes widened happily as you looked at Haise in joy and you couldn't help but let out a little squeal because you've always wanted a little girl after having two boys. The nurse smiled at the happy reactions and quickly printed out a picture of the ultrasound before handing it to you.

The check up didn't last much longer and Haise and yourself were free to leave to go home. Stopping by the convenience store, you thought it would be nice if you surprised Chiaki and Izuki with the gender.

"What is this mom?" Chiaki asked as you sat them down and handed them a small gift bag with black tissue paper on top to conceal the color beneath. "You'll see." Preparing your camera, you gesture the young boys to open up the bag and their reactions were priceless.

Chiaki looked down and immediately smiled up at you, "We're going to have a sister?" You smiled and nod and Izuki pulls out the ultrasound picture, "Is this her?" You nod and the two boys look over the picture together.

"Wow, she's so small."

-

Sitting on the bed, you rubbed your growing belly as you looked out the window at the glowy city of Tokyo at night. It was quite beautiful if you looked passed the danger that lurked around at night.

"What's on your mind?" Haise asked as he sat beside you, rubbing your back gently. Looking over at him from over your shoulder you gave him a smile. "Nothing much, just thinking about the baby."

It wasn't a lie, but you were thinking of other things too, other people.

You were thinking of Kaneki.

Thinking about if the story Izuki told Chiaki was true; if Kaneki only left you so you wouldn't become mixed up in his past. What were you supposed to believe now?

Sliding into the bed, you turned off the lamp and snuggled close to Haise as you tried to sleep your thoughts away.

The next day was your day off, thankfully. Helping Haise into his work outfit he gave you a peck on the lips as a sweet thank you. "Have a good day at work Haise," You wave goodbye as you watch him leave the house.

An hour passed by and you opened the door for Hinami ti come in as you finished getting yourself ready for the day. "Thank you for coming so suddenly Hinami," She shook her head and smiled at you before walking towards the boys, "I don't mind at all. They're very well behaved anyway so it isn't very difficult at all."

Checking the time on your phone, you grabbed your bag and quickly slipped your shoes on, "See you boys later, I'll be back soon." Izuki waved to you while Chiaki gave you a hug before running back over to Hinami.

Your stomach was beginning to grow so you had to wear stretchier or flowy clothing. Walking towards the small cafe you sat down and asked for water as you waited for the other guest to arrive.

"(F/N)?" Looking up from your phone, you smiled at Kaneki and gestured him to sit down. "Is there something you wanted to talk about?" He asked as he ordered some black coffee, looking over at you with his familiar grey eyes.

"I overheard Izuki talking about you," You started and Kaneki's lips formed into an awkward smile as he laughed nervously, "Is that so?"

"He was telling Chiaki the reason why you left us and he said it was because of your past with Aogiri." You looked down at your hands on the table and let out a sigh, "Kaneki, is this true?"

Kaneki let out a sigh, not willing to make eye contact with you. "It's true. I don't know what you heard but that's the gist of it."

"Why don't you tell me the whole story then Kaneki."

You listened as Kaneki explained to you his story and the reason behind all of what he did and you were a little frustrated because bad communication played a big factor in all of this. Finishing your cup of water, you let out a sigh and glanced over at Kaneki. He must've had it hard too.

"Thank you for telling me Kaneki," You said as you rubbed your stomach, which Kaneki noticed. "How far along are you?" He asked and you looked up at him in surprise. "Oh, I'm six months right now."

He smiled at you, you always thought he was cuter when he smiled. "Do you know the gender?" He question and you nodded telling him about the baby girl, to which he smiled even more, "You've always wanted a girl. I remember when you thought Chiaki was going to be a girl but he turned out to be a boy."

You chuckled at him with a happy smile, "You remembered that? I was really hoping for a girl." It was nice to know that Kaneki still remembered these small details when the two of you were together.

"Well, I better get going. Thank you for coming here to talk with me today Kaneki." You say standing up. Kaneki stands up as well and the two of you share a hug before pulling away, "Let me walk you home."

The walk back was short and sweet, small talk was made about Chiaki and Izuki and for the record, you really missed this.

"Thank you for walking me home, I'll see you around." You waved goodbye before entering the house. To your surprise, Hinami had already left and Haise was home early.

"Haise, you're home early! Did Akira let you leave early?" You asked as you took your shoes off and placed them gently against the wall. Haise furrowed his brows at you with the cross of his arms,

"Why were you out with Kaneki?"