Chapter 39

Hopefully I should be able to update a little more now, hopefully. I am writing this at midnight, which is when I usually am productive but I get distracted by everything so we'll see where this goes.

Thanks so much for waiting for my updates! Hope you enjoy this one!

Short but I wanted to keep the ending of the chapter like this, ehehe.

--------------------

It was your first day back at work from the incident that had happened. You were a bit nervous of what everyone will say or do when you walked through the doors of the CCG building. Of course they wouldn't be any bad things they will say, but the thought of explains everything a thousand times sounded like a lot of work.

Letting out a deep breath, you walked through the doors of the building and you could already feel the eyes on you. "(L/N)-San! You're back!" "How are you feeling?" "Wow, you are so brave." "It must have been so scary."

Multiple people came up to you and asked questions are gave you sympathy as you tried to thank them or answer them. It lasted a good five minutes before you excused yourself to go start on your unfinished work, which they let you.

Sighing deeply, you walked up to the front desk where your good friend Michiko worked. The two of you often spent lunch breaks together. She always seemed to enjoy your stories of Haise, Chiaki and Izuki or any part of your life before you came to the 13th ward.

"Looks like your famous (F/N)." She joked as she looked around for a folder that contained your tasks. You gave her a dry chuckle while looking to the side, "I can feel their eyes on me." You state as you looked behind your shoulder at the investigators making their way around while they looked over at you.

"You seem very prepared to answer the questions they've given you." Michiko replied as she handed you the folder. "I've been preparing myself since the day I got back." Michiko laughed at your response before giving you a soft smile. "I'm glad you're safe though, it's nice having you back."

"Thanks Michiko." Waving good-bye, you walked up the stairs towards your office, nodding in acknowledgment towards your fellow employees. Opening the door into your office, you flicked the lights on and closed the door behind you before you walked to your desk.

Your eyes widened in surprise as you noticed the small vase of (Favorite flower) on your desk. "I wonder who it's from?" You asked yourself as you walked closer to the vase and gently took the note that was sticking out from the flowers.

My sweet-pea (F/N)

I'm glad you're safe, I don't know what I would do without you. I want to see you soon, there's something I want to tell you.

Love, Haise (AKA, the man of your dreams)

You laughed at the nickname he assigned himself, he always knew how to make you laugh. You couldn't help but become nervous from the thought of him wanting to speak to you of something, did he want to break-up? Will it be about Kaneki again? Setting the note down, you pushed those thoughts away and began to focus on your work in the meantime.

-

"Good work today (F/N), see you tomorrow!" Michiko responded as you handed her back the folder full of finished tasks. You smiled back at her before walking out the doors, seeing the beautiful orange sunset. There was a man standing in the center of your view and you couldn't seem to make him out because of the sun behind him.

Walking closer towards them, you narrowed your eyes until you saw something very familiar. Poofy black and white hair.

"Haise!" Running towards him, you jumped into his arms as he caught you and spun you around. "What are you doing all the way here?" You asked excitedly as he set you down. "You read my note didn't you?" He asked as you nodded.

"I'm here to see you! Plus I wanted to chat about something I've been keeping a secret." Your smile falters a bit and Haise noticed. "Is it bad?" You asked and he leans down to kiss your forehead, "You'll have to wait and see. Come on, let's go get something to eat."

Haise held your hand gently as the two of you made your way to a small restaurant. "Welcome Sasaki-san!" A man called out as Haise waved back at him. You look over at Haise with a confused look, "Do you come here a lot?"

"Actually, this restaurant has connections to the small cafe back in the 20th ward so I see them time to time here or back at the 20th ward." You nodded at his reply and looked around for a seat. "That table seems nice." The two of you walked over to the table and settled down before someone came by to take orders.

"So Haise, what is it that you want to tell me?" You asked as he began to look a bit nervous, which worried you. "Haise?"

"I've been looking around for a new place to live, and I've found a place I really like." Haise starts as you look at him softly. "You're moving? Where?" You ask curiously as Haise gave you a shy smile. "Well, it's not far from where I live now so I'll still be attending work at the 20th ward."

"But," He starts, "I want you to move in with me."