Chapter 52

Also, this book is slowly coming to an end so I'm wrapping it up now! The next few chapters should be the last few chapters!

There's going to be a Haise ending and a Kaneki ending ;)

I know the next few chapters might be super quick, but that's because my Japan trip is just in the next few weeks and I want to be able to finish this book by the time I leave, so my appolagies!

---------------------

"We were out getting coffee and catching up," you say cautiously and Haise narrowed his eyes walking closer towards you. "Is this what you do when I'm at work alone without you?"

"Haise, there were matters I needed to talk to him about. I'm getting tired of you acting like this all the time." You say sighing as you took your shoes off before walking towards your bedroom. "Why are you home early? Did Akira let you leave?"

"It was a slow day so she allowed,e to come home to care for you, but I come home to see you with another man." You rolled your eyes at his exaggerated statement. "You make it seem like we're together."

"What did you need to talk to him about then?" Haise asked as you sat down on the bed to rest, pregnancy was already getting to you. "I just had to talk to him about why he left me in the first place. The real reason."

Haise sighed and sat down on his desk chair, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I got worked up again, I just, I just really like you." You giggled and placed a hand on your stomach, "I really like you too."

Haise smiled and stood up, walking over towards you with open arms, "Give me a hug," Which you opened your arms to as well.

While Haise and yourself are having a happy moment at home, Konoha was having a frustrating time in her office as she continued to watch the videotapes over and over again.

Konoha sighed angrily as she harshly ripped the jerky from her clenched teeth. She was mad that you had gotten away with your ghoul child when it was her job to take the ghouls. She was just doing her job and she had gotten in trouble for it.

"I will get you back (F/N), you will not get away with this."

After ways of planning, she finally had the perfect plan. The perfect plan to get her revenge on you and Chiaki. It was a secret she hid from everybody, but she knew it was going to be perfect even if she could end up in jail.

"Akira-san? I have a request to make." Konoha asked politely as Akira turned around to face her. "What is it?"

"Because we have so many new rookie investigators, I thought it would be nice to have a little party to give them a warm welcome? We could invite family and friends and have a nice little party here." Konoha suggested. Akira looked over at her, thinking the situation through in her mind before she turned back around.

"Go ahead, but you're in charge of everything, setting up and cleaning up,"

"Of course, thank you very much."

-

"Haise, did you know that there is a welcoming party for the new investigators Saturday? It's a family event, should we bring Chiaki and Izuki?" You ask as you walked into the bedroom with the small flyer in your hand as Haise turned around in his chair to face you.

"I haven't heard of it, where did you get this?"

"I got it at the office, it sounds fun. It's always nice to make the new investigators feel welcomed." You smiled down at Haise and he shrugged, "I guess we could go. Do you really want to bring Chiaki and Izuki?"

"We don't have to stay long, Chiaki and Izuki could meet some of our fellow investigators and I could go talk to Akira about his check-ins." Haise nodded at your words and you turn back around to go prepare lunch for the family. This didn't seem harmful at all.

The week quickly passed by and Saturday had quickly come. You got Izuki and Chiaki ready in some cute outfits before you and Haise walked out towards the CCG with them. "Don't take all the cookies okay? You each only get one." You reminded as the younger boys whined.

The CCG was full of happy families and new and old investigators, it was refreshing to see so many new faces together in the area you worked at. While you were talking with some friends with Chiaki and Izuki hanging by your legs with each a cookie in their hands, Konoha walked up to you.

"(F/N)-san?" She said as she tapped on your shoulder gently. Turning around, you were certainly surprised to see her and not to mention a little tense, "Oh, Konoha, how are you?"

"I'm rather fine, thank you. I know this isn't the best time, but I just want to apologize for what I had done a few months back. I am truly sorry, and look at you, a new baby along the way!" She exclaimed as you gave her a small smile.

"Baby three should be here soon," You chuckle, "And thank you for your apology, it means a lot."

"Oh, there's a family photoshoot going on, you should bring Sasaki-san and your kids and take some photos!" Konoha added, and your eyes widnen in surprise, "Really? That sounds nice, I'll go get them,"

Konoha nodded and as you turned to leave, her smile turned into a smirk. "Just a little longer."