Chapter 7 - Joke, Katherine, it's a Joke.

'Feeling my way through the darkness,'

Avicii – Wake Me Up

S2 E7 – Masquerade

"You're killing Katherine?" I ask Damon, my phone on speaker as I do my makeup for the masquerade.

"Yes, and it's going to be gory. You're going to lure her into the room that we're going to kill her in." Damon tells me.

"Perfect. Black or white?" I ask him.

"Black." He replies.

"White it is." I put on some white eye shadow, so my eyes look pretty through the mask.

"See you there." I hang up.

"You look pretty!" Ruby tells me.

"Why aren't you in bed?" I ask her.

"Can't sleep." She mumbles.

"Why don't you get to sleep in my bed and I'll wake you up when I get home, then we can eat lots of chocolate from auntie Crim's secret stash. We'll wake Jasp up aswell." I grin and she nods, messing my bed up and getting under it. I turn my bedroom light off, leaving and heading to the Lockwood's for the party. I catch sight of Care.

"Care!" I rush over to her.

"Scar! I haven't seen you in ages!" she exclaims, hugging me.

"I see you've controlled it." I smile. Your bloodlust. I add in her head.

"I have." She grins.

Your turn –Jeremy.

She nods her head and I walk inside, pretending to be going to the toilet when I'm pinned against the wall.

"What are Stefan, Alice and Damon up to?" Katherine asks, and I fake pain. I've created a barrier so I can't feel the real pain.

"What do you mean?" I pretend to not know.

"I've got Jeremy Gilbert luring me out to the lake. What's going on? Tell me or I'll snap your pretty little neck in half." She hisses.

"I don't know—nothing."

"Don't lie to me Scarlet. They're up to something, what is it?"

"They're trying to kill you."

"Figured as much, where's the moonstone?"

"Bonnie has it."

"And where's Bonnie right now?"

"With Caroline."

"Where's Caroline?"

"You really want to know?"

"Yes."

"She's with Bonnie."

"Don't joke with me Scarlet, take me to them."

"Fine." I lead her up the stairs, and I point to the door that they're in. She opens it, walking straight in.

**

I sigh, taking my heels off and putting my feet in the water. As soon as my feet hit the water, I gasp, cursing. Marigold. Something pushes me into the water and I try to scream, but the water enters my mouth. It's as if a million daggers are cutting me, and then an electric eel is electrocuting me as well.

My head goes fuzzy and my eyes close, darkness taking over.