THE BIG 50

'Boy don't even try to touch this'

Beyoncé – Who Run The World

S4 E19 – Pictures Of You

I wake up on a soft surface in...Klaus' room. I sit up, then it hits me. Jasper is dead. I feel like crying. Is my humanity on? My throat starts to constrict and I start crying in sadness and pain.

"Yes, it's on." Klaus says as if he knows what I was asking, "Garnet told us that a goddess vampire hybrid cannot have their humanity off for more than 168 hours, a week." He explains.

"He's gone." I cry. Klaus hugs me, comforting me. Even if it looks awkward, it felt...safe.

"Ruby is safe with Caroline." Klaus tells me. I sigh, rushing off to Caroline's house and entering uninvited.

"Hi." Caroline smiles, "Ruby is sleeping upstairs in the spare bedroom. It's prom today!"

"I'm not in the mood for prom. Besides, my dress is too small for me." I sigh, wiping my red, puffy eyes.

"Elena stole mine." She sighs. "Besides, you have to come. It'll take your mind off things."

"You can have mine if you want." I grab the red prom dress out of her wardrobe. I knew she'd have it.

"You've got to come though!" Caroline exclaims.

"I really don't...fine. I'll get my own then." I hand her it.

**

"Klaus? Klaus?? Kl—"I shout, entering the room and seeing him stare at the fireplace.

"Hello? Did you not hear me?"

"Of course I heard you, Scarlet. I think the whole of Mystic Falls heard you. I'm in no mood for company."

"You're not the only one. I need a new prom dress." Klaus starts laughing. "It is not funny."

"No, I know, I know."

"Then stop laughing! Look, I know that prom isn't important to you, but it's important to Care, who will kill me if I don't go, even if I'm in grief."

"Well, surely finding another dress is well within your substantial vampire capabilities?"

"Oh, but I don't want just another dress. I wanna look gorgeous. Like Princess-Grace-of-Monaco-hot. So...could you please go back into your creepy trophy case of family collectibles and dig me out something of royal caliber?"

"That isn't just any dress, it's beautiful." I gasp.

"I stole it from a Greek princess, almost as gorgeous as you, love." He smiles.

Caroline and I walk down the red carpet and I sigh, but I have to put on a façade. Just for tonight.

"So how do I look?" We turn to Elena.

"Are you kidding me? You look like a back-stabbing bi—" Caroline stops when she sees Stefan, "The dress is beautiful, and it brings out your eyes."

"Thanks. I thought I'd do it a favor." Caroline starts to insult Elena but Stefan intercepts her.

"Caroline, why don't you come dance with me, hm?" Caroline takes his hand and they move to the dance floor. I walk off, sitting at a table and not drinking from the punch. It's spiked, I feel ill, even though I'm part vampire. It's just because of Jasper...

I get up, leaving the school and walking into the forest. I sigh.

"Oh Jasper." I sigh, looking at the silver needle in my hand.

"Will it work?" I ask the person in the shadows.

"Instantly." Their voice tells me.

"Will it hurt?"

"Quicker than falling to sleep." They reply. I sigh again, injecting the needle into my neck and falling to the ground.