Chapter 33

'They lash me, telling me I'm running out of time'

Halsey – Hold Me Down

S3 E20 – Do Not Go Gentle

Apparently Alaric has been arrested because he killed some of the council. Also, he's going crazy because of a stupid ring. Another thing, there are white oak stakes, but Klaus got them. There's a 20s decade dance today.

"Hey!" I grin at Tyler.

"Care's gone to powder her nose." He sighs.

"Dance with me!" I laugh, grabbing his hand. Suddenly Klaus appears.

"May I cut in?" he questions.

"I want to speak to my hybrid friend Klaus, don't get jealous." I say.

"No, it's alright." Tyler lets go of my hand.

"Why do you always have to prove you're the alpha male?" I question Klaus.

"I don't have to prove anything love, I am the alpha male." He answers. "You would've loved the 1920s Scarlet, the girls were reckless, sexy, fun. They literally used to dance 'til they dropped."

"Really?" I pretend to be interested.

"I'm leaving town tomorrow." He tells me. "If you want, you could come with me,"

"Maybe." I sigh, drinking the champagne.

"Why are you so upset?"

"Something feels...different." He leads me outside and we both fall into a...barrier.

**

Bonnie and I hold hands as she chants the spell to lift the barrier, me, I'm giving her strength.

"What's taking so long?" Klaus questions. "All boundary spells have a loophole."

"People are walking right out of the dance." Matt informs us, "Past the barrier."

"If Matt and I could leave, we could stop Esther ourselves. We just gotta find out where she is." Jeremy says.

"It's suicide Jeremy." Stefan replies. Klaus speeds to Bonnie's date, strangling him.

"Suicide would be disappointing me." He snarls. "Now work your magic witch or I'll start killing people you fancy."

"Let him go." Bonnie orders.

"Not until you get us out of here." Klaus replies.

"Don't be stupid Klaus, Bonnie doesn't give a damn about us, the only reason she's helping right now is to save Caroline and Tyler, you start killing people she cares about shell tell us all to go to hell." Stefan explains. Klaus hesitates, but then lets go of Bonnie's date.

"Maybe I can sense them..." I suggest.

"Do it." Klaus orders. I close my eyes, imagining Elena.

"A cemetery. I know where they are." I declare. Matt and Jeremy sneak off.

**

"Ding dong the witch is gone." I mutter. Alaric laughs as I hug him.

"You were a good history teacher mate." I tell him, "and you helped me through my dad's death, for that I am thankful."

"You're going to be fine, look after your brother and sister, they're going to need you now more than ever."

"Goodbye Alaric." I sigh, wiping my eyes and going to Caroline.