Chapter 38

'Singing Here's To Never Growing Up'

Avril Lavigne – Here's To Never Growing Up

S4 E13 – Into The Wild

They explained to me that there's a cure to vampirism and we're going to this island to get it. I want to go and help because then I can become human again. Oh, and GUESS WHAT?! ELENA IS SIRED TO DAMON! I suppose we all suspected it, anyway.

Everybody is all wrapped up and I'm the only one who has A. travelled light and B. wearing light clothes so it's easier to move.

"She's lucky all she's getting is the evil eye." Rebekah finishes her rant about Elena.

"You know I can hear you, right?" Elena questions as I grab Jasper's hat. Jasper wanted to come and he refused to stay behind, so here he is. I guess he's old enough to make decisions, being fourteen.

"You know I don't care, right?" Rebekah asks. Elena vampire speeds to Rebekah but Rebekah easily throws Elena off her.

"Go ahead, try and kill me, but then you'd have to face the real problems, like the fact that Stefan invited me here himself. I guess he likes me again." I laugh at the original, throwing Jasper his hat back. The three of us walk off.

Rebekah is so cute.

I laugh at Jasper's thoughts.

"Maybe when you're older Jasp." I whisper to him.

*

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena asks.

"So then leave." Rebekah retorts, "Out of everyone your presence is the least necessary, hell, even a fourteen year old is more necessary than you."

"Please don't start." Stefan sighs.

"I'm merely stating the facts." Rebekah shrugs, "Jeremy has a spell on his body, Bonnie's the witch that unseals the cure, Shane is the human compass, Jasper can throw a good punch, you and I have the tombstone which does god knows what, Scarlet is the strongest out of us all and Elena has no point."

"What about me?" Damon asks.

"You have a nice behind!" Rebekah replies.

"Centuries after Quetsiyah died there were these miners that were exhibiting a well on the island, they suddenly went mad and bled themselves dry for no apparent reason. So, legend spread that these miners in exchange for a drop of their blood, saw visions of their lost loved ones in the old well they were digging. So word travelled and explorers sought out the well to see if the legend was true." Shane tells us.

"So the well was magic?" Bonnie asks.

"NO!" My voice screams in my head. Creepy. I hate when that happens.

We come across an abandoned farm. It looks like it's been abandoned for years.

"What is this place?" Jasper asks, looking around.

"A group of college kids came here for spring break, weeks later they were all found dead completely drained of blood." Shane explains.

"Well, tragic for them, brilliant for us." Rebekah shrugs. "Who sleeps where?"

"Oh that's lovely, there's a mystery man with a hatchet lurking in the woods and we're just gonna camp." Damon says sarcastically, looking very annoyed.

"We're safer here than we are hiking in the dark." Shane murmurs but every vampire hears it clearly. It is the truth, if we hike in the dark, then something could happen and since it's dark, it'd be harder to see.