Chapter 25 - Half of half of one hundred.

'Cause this is my game and you better come to play'

Demi Lovato – Confident

S3 E2 – The Hybrid

"You could've told me we were traipsing around mountains so I wouldn't put a bloody maxi dress AND sandals on." I snap.

"You ok?" Klaus ignores me, looking at Stefan. "Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine." Stefan mutters.

"You sure about that?" Klaus asks, "We've been walking for quite some time now if you need some water or a little sit down."

"You know, I get that we're stuck together, but if we could maybe skip the chit chat then that would be great."

So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you my friend."

"Maybe it's because I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves."

"I second that." I agree with Stefan.

"Well we've been at it all summer." Stefan mumbles.

"And thanks to our pal Ray, we've found ourselves a pack." I look at the group of people setting up. They all stop, turning towards us.

"Ray! Oh my god!" a girl runs to Ray. "Who are you?"

"Please, forgive the intrusion, my name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid."

"You've heard of me. Fantastic."

"No it's not fantastic. Thank you she-wolf, you have made his ego even bigger than it is." I snap.

"It's fascinating actually, a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Ray gasps for air. He's in transition.

"Excellent timing Ray." Klaus smirks, "Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?" He pants.

"Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition into a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." Stefan calls out to the pack.

"It doesn't take much. Just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend along for the ride?" I close my eyes, focusing on the thought of a human, then I get a picture of the closest human to me, a blonde haired boy with blue eyes.

"You." I point to him, and Klaus grabs his wrist, biting into it and shoving the bloody wrist into Ray's mouth. A girl tries to stop him, but I grab her by the throat.

"It's the new order, you join him, or you die." I sigh.

"I'd rather die than be a vampire." She snarls.

"Wrong choice." Klaus snarls, forcing his own bloody wrist into her mouth, about to snap her neck.

"I want to do it." I grin, taking a few steps back from her, then waving my hand and watching her neck snap on its own.

"She'll thank me for that later." Klaus smirks, looking at me. His hybrid face actually turns me on, but I wouldn't ever tell him that. "Ok, who's next?"

He works his way around everybody, killing them.

"They're dead. They're all dead." Ray cries.

"Well he's through his transition. He should be feeling better soon." Klaus tells us.

"So is this your masterplan?" Stefan questions, "To build an army of hybrid slaves?"

"No, not slaves, soldiers, comrades."

"For what war?" Stefan asks.

"Oh, you don't arm yourself after war has been declared, Stefan, you build your army so big, that no one ever dares pick the fight." Klaus smirks. He's always smirking.

"Can you two stop fighting?! Ray's eyes are bleeding and I don't think they're meant to!" I snap.

"Something's wrong." Klaus tells us.

"That shouldn't be happening should it?" Stefan asks.

"Obviously." I roll my eyes.

"You said it was gonna feel better, why doesn't it feel better?" Ray asks.

"Some master race." Stefan scoffs.

"Lose the attitude." Klaus snaps.

The girl I killed earlier awakens.

"Derek, come feed your girlfriend." I grin, pushing the human to the girl.

Ray growls, before speeding away.

"Go get him." Klaus orders Stefan, who also speeds away.

"I'll go find him, make sure nobody else escapes." Klaus orders.

"Make sure nobody else escapes." I mimic him.

"I heard that!" he shouts.

They all start to wake up as Klaus comes back empty handed.

*

"I DID EVERYTHING I WAS TOLD! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO TURN THEM! I BROKE THE CURSE, I KILLED A WEREWOLF, I KILLED A VAMPIRE AND I KILLED THE DOPPELGANGER!" He shouts.

"Stop having a pissyfit." I tell him, locking the hotel room door. Stefan's out feeding. "You're worse than my bloody brother."

Suddenly he's right in front of me.

"Why didn't it work?" he asks, stroking my cheek.

"I don't know." I whisper, looking into his eyes. I notice that he's leaning in, and I find myself leaning in as well. His lips brush against mine. They're not what I expected, they're soft and sweet.

21|