Chapter 40

'If I could, then I would, I'd go wherever you will go'

The Calling – Wherever you will go

S4 E14 – Down The Rabbit Hole

It's the morning, and I'm currently on the phone to Care. I put my phone on speaker so that we can all speak to said blonde.

"When we got back from looking for Jeremy and Jasper, Shane and Bonnie were gone too. Shane needs Bonnie to cast a spell on Jeremy's tattoo in order to find the cure, and he managed to sneak them both out from under our noses." Elena explains.

"Well, where's Damon in all this?"

"They had an argument." I sing, smirking at Elena.

"I thought he was just taking a walk, but then when we went to the beach, we saw signs of a struggle." Elena mutters.

"Meaning what?"

"Meaning somebody probably jumped him and then grabbed him!" I finish, holding my phone in the air.

"Do you think Shane took him?"

"No, I mean, he's not strong enough to take Damon on, even with the element of surprise. He must have someone, or at least a few someones helping him." I say.

"I'm so sorry. I wish I was there to help."

"Well, maybe there's something you can do from home." Elena offers. "So Shane's looking for the cure. We think we can find him. We have pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, but we just can't translate the map." Elena explains sadly.

"Unless you get the Hunter's Sword from Klaus."

"Exactly." I nod, happy that Care understands.

"He'll never give up the sword." Rebekah sings.

"Yeah, but if anyone's gonna get him to give it up, it's Scarlet." Elena adds.

"He will never give up the sword, not even for Scarlet. He's terrified we'll use the cure against him to make him mortal, and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't want any of us to derive a moment's worth of happiness from being human. Besides, how is Scarlet going to get back." Rebekah continues.

"Well, maybe he doesn't have to give it up. I mean, Klaus is stuck in Elena's house by Bonnie's spell. He can't go anywhere. There's only so many places you can hide a three-foot piece of metal." Elena shrugs.

"I'll find it, don't worry. Just e-mail me photos of Jeremy's tattoo. I'll find the sword, and I'll call you back."

"While you're at it, get the Gilbert residence comfy." I tell her, "I'll have to astral project myself."

"Ok." She hangs up.

"I'm trusting you Rebekah to keep my body safe."

"Why Rebekah?" Elena asks.

"She's the strongest out of the three of you. Besides, she cares about my safety as well. Sometimes it seems all you care about is yourself." I reply, closing my eyes and imagining myself in the Gilbert residence. I open my eyes, to see the Gilbert house in front of me.