Chapter 11 - The Jackpot Question.

'Be careful making wishes in the dark'

Fall Out Boy - Light 'Em Up

NOT AN EPISODE

"Elijah, I'm bored." I sigh.

"People used to entertain themselves a century ago. Try that." Elijah tells me.

"How do I entertain myself?" I ask, remembering the last time I tried to entertain myself, hooking up with Tyler. "You took away my phone."

"Try using the TV, I don't understand it." He waves his hand at the TV in front of him, not looking up from his newspaper. He reaches his hand to the coffee table, sipping at his coffee.

"You remind me of my dad." I joke.

"I'm much, much, much older than your dad, dearie." He chuckles.

"How so?" I smirk, trying to annoy him.

"I knew the first generation of Martin's back when I was human." He chuckles.

"Bloody hell, the family tree starts one thousand years ago."

"You must've known I was old."

"Yeah, but not that old. Now will you answer my question? Why did you kidnap me?"

"It's a hobby." He raises the coffee cup to his lips, sipping at it.

"Do you use blood instead of sugar?" I ask.

"You are quite questioning and to answer your question, yes, blood makes it sweet, want to try?"

"No thank you." I decline. "I don't have fangs. What did you do to my siblings?"

"I compelled your aunt to take them home." He replies.

"You can't compel a goddess." I say matter-of-factly.

"I had a witch take away her goddess powers." He mutters.

"Where did you send them?" I ask him.

"Back into the water."

"The ocean?"

"Correct."

"Poor Crimson. Could I like, borrow your phone. You can hear the conversation and I wont reveal where I am." I plea.

"Very well." He hands me back my phone. I grin, dialling Alice's number.

"Scarlet?" Alice asks.

"Yeah, I need you to do me a favour."

"Where are you?" I hear Stefan ask.

"I can't tell you that, I'm sorry. Just know that I'm safe from harm. Could you get my siblings and bring them to the Salvatore boarding house. I don't trust my aunt with them because she's been compelled." I explain.

"Of course, promise you'll be back soon?" Alice asks.

"I can't promise that Alice, but I'll try." I hang up, handing the phone back to Alice.

*Alice's POV*

I sigh, clicking the off button on my phone.

"She's with Elijah." Rose tells us instantly.

"How do you know?" Damon questions.

"She said 'I'm safe from harm' and when we first kidnapped her, Elijah promised her she'll be safe from harm's way. It was her kind of sign." Rose explains.

"But the jackpot question is...where is Elijah?"