Chapter 51

NOT AN EPISODE

"I like this new apartment." Jasper grinned, looking at his new bedroom.

"I'm glad you do." The doorbell rung. I sighed, opening it. On the ground, lied a box with a note on top of it. I brought it in, opening the note as Ruby opened the box. Inside the box, laid a beautiful royal blue dress. I opened the note, reading it.

"Can I go?" Ruby asked.

"No." I shook my head, "I need to find somebody willing to babysit you both." I sighed, scrolling down my contacts and clicking on Caroline's.

"Hello?"

"Care, can you do me a favour?" I asked.

"Depends."

"Will you babysit the kids while I go to this ball? I'll give you twenty bucks an hour."

"Deal!" she said, hanging up. I chuckled, putting my phone on the table as Ruby continued to watch 'Winx Club'. I turned the note over, looking at the added note. I chuckled, putting the invitation on the table. I went into my bedroom, locking the door.

"Hello Alice." I smiled.

"Are you going to the dance?"

"Of course, do you have it?"

"You know it's going to take a while, Scarlet, it's a dangerous thing to do. My witch, Davina, is trying her hardest."

"Tell her to try harder."

"She's only sixteen and she's just started it."

Scarlet lies on the hospital bed deathly still. It's heartbreaking to see her in such a fragile state. Nobody knows why she's like this, and that's the scariest part.

"Why isn't her vampire side working?" Elena asks.

"Nobody knows, we just have to let the doctors do their work." Stefan sighs, looking at his friend.

"I hope she wakes up soon, our dorm is finished ready for college. What about graduation..." Caroline frets.

"She's in a coma Caroline, stop fretting about that and fret about how she might die." Bonnie sighs.

I went into the bathroom, seeing Alice.

"How do I look?" she spun around in her blue flapper dress.

"Is it done?" I questioned, ignoring her question.

"Nowhere near, you wont be getting it soon. Davina is the best witch I know, but it isn't easy to make, it's one of the hardest things to make!" she told me.

"I need it in case something bad happens to somebody else." I snapped, leaving the bathroom and going to the gym, holding Bonnie's hand.

Bonnie and I held hands as she chanted the spell to lift the barrier, me, I'm giving her strength.

"What's taking so long?" Klaus questioned. "All boundary spells have a loophole."

"People are walking right out of the dance." Matt informed us, "Past the barrier."

"Come back Scarlet." Klaus holds her hand from inside the hospital room.

"I've never seen Niklaus so...upset." Elijah tells them. "He's worried for her safety. No vampire has ever been put into a coma, never mind a hybrid."

"Maybe that's why, we need a goddess." Damon mutters.

"That may be true, but Goddesses are rare. The only goddess we know of is an eight year old." Rebekah shrugs.

I walked into the rest room to see Alice looking at me. She grinned.

"I know you have no emotions, but I've got it!" Alice handed me what I've needed for ages and I put it in my pocket.

"Maybe I'll use it when I have my emotions back on." I started putting my makeup on and Alice helped me achieve the slutty Garnet look.

I came out of the restroom, grinning at my slutty look.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"Hmm, it's close. Not quite slutty enough. I think you need more eyeliner." Rebekah muttered.

"Come back Scar, I've already lost Jasp, I can't lose my big sister." Ruby sighs, holding her sister's hand. Elijah walks in with Garnet in tow.

"I cant have bratty kids around while I try and see what is wrong." Garnet snarls. Ruby sighs, jumping off the chair and leaving the room. But, she turns around before completely leaving.

"I wouldn't want to be in a room with my brother's killer, anyway." Ruby retorts. "Keep an eye on her. I don't want another sibling to die at her hands."

Garnet touches her hand, trying to get a vision, anything.

My witch.

Best witch.

"This isn't a goddess problem. This is a witch problem." Garnet tells him. "I'll go fetch Bonnie."

"When all of this is over, I promise that we'll leave Mystic Falls. Just the three of us." Scarlet promised.

"Venenum somno. Fugat modo aliqua creatura ut a somno exsuscitem eum sopor, et excitare in se ipsis. Necesse est libenter accepit." Bonnie recites the words in the grimoire.

"What does it mean?" Elena asks.

"The poison of sleep. It banishes any creature to a deep sleep and the only way to wake them up is for them to wake themselves up. It must be willingly taken."

"Why would she willingly take it?" Elena questions.

"Ad dilectum non potest trahere posset in vita et difficillimum Quintilium perpetuus sopor." Bonnie reads.

"It can be used to pull a loved one back to life but it is extremely difficult and could result in a permanent sleep." Rebekah translates, "I've been alive for 1000 years. I should know latin."

"She's trying to get Jasper back." Stefan realises.

"Not exactly." Everybody turns to see Alice standing at the door. "She wanted it after Jenna died. She wanted a way to be able to bring somebody back if they died, and she decided she would bring Jasper back. Since Jasper's not on the other side, because he's human, then it will be much difficult, but easier."

"What do you mean?" Bonnie asks.

"The deep sleep curse doesn't work if you want to go to the other side, it only works if you're going to the peace land. She has a limited time there, and if she doesn't find what she wants in that limited time, she's going to be stuck there forever."