Conrad's Distress Call

From inside a dark interrogation room, with the only source of light coming from a single lamp hanging by a chain link from the ceiling, illuminates the table where Conrad sits across from an unknown agent.

"So..." The agent opens dialogue with his suspect, before sparking his cigarette.

"Conrad, you are aware of the Non-Disclosure Agreement you are now under, right?"

"Yes I am aware."

The agent places a manila folder onto the table.

"We've gone through all of your employees' established NDA's, and taken into custody nearly all surveillance footage of what has unfolded."

He opens the folder to bear the profile of his security worker, Adiel.

Tapping on his profile image he continues, "It's come to our attention your employee, Adiel, has gone missing... Since the night of your terrible encounter with the Hybrids."

Conrad flusters seeing the agent speak such blatant lies with a confident smirk.

With the utmost restrain, he holds himself back from lashing out on him, replying, "I do not know what had happened to him, I can only hope he is okay."

"Yes, we hope he is okay too."

He takes another puff and exhales before continuing, "Since we are trying to find him, we'd like to know if there'd be anywhere we should be looking in the event he is not at his registered residence.".

Taking a deep breath, Conrad replies, "Umm, I might need a moment to myself, just to get my thoughts together. I don't want to accidentally mislead you."

"I respect your decision." The agent stands up, crushing his cig on a nearby ashtray, suffocating its burning embers underneath the small piles of already present ash.

"I'm going on my five minute break. You have till the time I get back to give me the right answer."

Looking up at the man in black and white, Conrad gives thanks.

The agent exits the room, leaving the security supervisor to deliberate in solitude.

Having the room to himself, he lifts a cross pendant from underneath his shirt. Unlocking it he retrieves a gel cased pill containing a computer chip.

Swallowing it he waits a moment for the chip to come online.

Detecting the warm moisture and corrosive nature of his stomache acid, the chip initiates its startup process. The small bit of machinery redirects itself through the blood stream traveling towards the brain, settling down in the pineal gland.

The computer chip begins its effect on his conscious, opening a psychic-communications link with a distant person.

Establishing a connection to his emergency contact, Reverend Alexander, a known leader of anti-government religious separatists, who resides in the dense wilderness, beyond the confines of the city borders.

Before him appears a hallucinogen image of his distant spiritual leader, an elderly yet physically fit man, with backwoods attire and mountain beard.

From the outside, the suspect appears to be hanging his head down in silence. Though he was verbally silent, Conrad and his contact communicates freely through transmitted thoughts.

"What ails you brother?", comes into Conrad's thoughts, via the established psychic link.

"I'm in a bad way.", he replies.

"Explain."

"I've been on the bad on of some government set up, I fear I may be a loose end."

"Is there a way you can convince them to bring you to our hunting grounds?"

"Possibly. They are looking for a missing employee of mine."

"Lead them to us, and let them know that only you can lure him out. Once they're in deep enough we'll take care of the rest."

Alexander guides his mind, through hallucinations, taking him down the roads and paths from the east city limits into the desired point of ambush.

"Thank you Reverend."

"Don't worry about it, we don't abandon brothers around these parts."

The door swings open, with the agent's reappearance, snapping Conrad out of his telepathic trance.

"So, have you gotten your shit together yet?", the agent ridicules.

"Yes, I know where he is, and I'm the only one whom he trusts.in times like these."

'I see."

The agent orders a pair of guards to place Conrad in handcuffs, before having him escorted out of the room.