Loose End

As late night rages on, a minimal amount of moonlight accompanied by the few street lamps illuminate the urban landscape surrounding the colonial radio station, revealing a number of scattered infected foxes roaming about.

From the south interstate exit, eight armored trucks barrell into the city, in a column formation.

Nearing their intended building the vehicles split off, positioning one armed and unarmed truck at each of the four sides.

As one such pair parks on the street adjacent to the station's front entrance, their rear hatches swing open.

Rapidly dismounting their vehicles, tactically geared infantrymen fan out acquiring a three hundred, sixty degrees of observation around them, before dispatching the nearby infected hybrid.

Securing the perimeter of the station two teams of eight men set up exterior security, while another two teams prepare to breach.

One group moves towards the barricaded front entrance while the other enters an dingy lit alleyway leading to the side entrance.

The point man of the front entry breaching team moves from the cover of the structure's wall, placing an explosive charge onto the focal point of the barricade.

Pulling back to his team, the man calls in over radio before detonating the device.

Agents Raymen and Dominic join the team entering through the alley.

Stacking up on the wall aside the doorway, the men ready themselves for the breach.

Grouping with them, agent Dominic attempts to follow suit of the tactically geared men, while Raymen takes a brief observation his tablet.

On the screen of his portable device he watches the owl hybrid firing upon two fully geared infantry, in a narrow hallway.

He calls out over the radio, "Target is on third floor"

Peering past the already opened door, the point man of the side entry team finds the corridor to be clear.

The men cautiously enter through the hinging door, keenly scanning the adjacent corridors as they advance through the first floor in staggered column.

Coming to the initial victim of the owl hybrid, the team is met with the sight of a partially mangled fox hybrid feeding upon a human corpse.

The first two men in the group send off a minimal amount of fire, putting down the rabid being.

Approaching the body, the point man briefly looks down towards the fallen civilian.

"Fucking animals..." he murmurs under his breath, returning his attention down dark hallway.

Continuing to lead his team and the following agents through the bottom floor, they come across an additional pair of slain bodies.

Taking note of several punctures through their employee uniforms, he begins to boil with anticipation for terminating the pest responsible for this incident.

Maintaining momentum in his pursuit, the pointman leads his team to the stairwell.

Moving through the flights of stairs, they keenly scan the area, only to find it vacant.

Passing the doorway, into the second floor, the armed men are greeted with the visual aftermath of unwarranted carnage.

A number of half dressed male military personnel lay across the multi colored neon lit floor, mixed in with a scattered amount of nearly naked women.

The armed men fan out, scanning the area, voicing out to each other their findings, mostly calling out various phrases indicating that the area is clear.