Frequency

Slowly creeping along the barely visible road, sparingly lit by the few street lamps that stand along the inactive urban stretch, a scrapy dark van parks among a number of vacant automobiles nearby a seemingly deserted radio station.

Residing behind the rugged steering wheel, Adiel finds himself trapped in deep contemplation. The notion that he had to seize a building by himself to accomplish his goal overwhelms his troubled mind.

Surfing his memories the worn owl hybrid recalls the vast majority of his past endeavors were carried out with a number of associates, thus allowing him room for error, or the possibility to divide responsibilities among participants.

As he continues searching his mind for relevant experience to draw from, Adiel struggles to remember a single occurrence where he took on dangerous venture alone.

Abandoning his search, the troubled owl comes to terms with his predicament. Resting his ruffled head against the steering wheel he falls deeper into despair.

Sinking further into his foreseeable demise the owl stumbles across a rudimentary solution.

Reaching for the pack of cigarettes he took from the fallen republican pilot, he withdraws one of the tobacco laced packed cylinders.

Resting the smokable item within his beak, he lights its end, creating a fleeting flame.

Deeply inhaling, Adiel ingests the psychedelic fumes.

Sinking into his chair the owl feels his conscious propelled into a calm state of mind.

As his visual perception of the surrounding environment begins to distort eventually bleeding into each other, forming a dark chrome plane, Adiel begins to encounter a hallucinogenic trip.

Growing darker, the prevailing color turns to pitch black, blinding the owl.

Suddenly the pitch darkness turns to a sea of fiery velvet red waves.

A dark robed skeleton carrying a saged scythe emerges from the center of the crashing waves, confronting Adiel.

Addressing him in a smooth yet dominant tone the man states, "You have your ticket off this planet, Use it"

The owl's vision sets to the sight of himself carrying the fallen pilot to the open ramp of a republican dropship slowly descending from a dark orange tinted sky.

As he loads the body into the belly of the aircraft, his vision fades to black before his perception returns to reality.

He gradually regains his senses, while his mind continues to brew with a calming ease.

Peering over his tattered leather chair, he takes a lasting glance at the deceased pilot laying in the back of his vehicle.

Forming a faint smile, Adiel grows confident in his coming endeavour before turning back to the dashboard.

Ashing out his cigarette on the metal tray between the two front seats, the owl loosens his smirk as he embraces himself for the hostile circumstances ahead.

Opening the tattered door, Adiel gracefully steps out from the vehicle.

Slowly trailing along the van he slides the side door open, unveiling a stained assault rifle accompanied by a handful of magazines, laying atop a mess of discarded glass bottles and torn papers.

Reaching for the grimy weapon Adiel unearths a handful of finished cigarettes among the interor's mess.

Fitting the leather strapped rifle around his shoulder, the owl collects the few magazines into his dirty trench coat, before applying two of the cigarette butts into his asymmetrical ears.