Skeptical Observation

Below the grey clouds that coat the skies of an urban area, two colonial police officers exit from the side entrance of a fast food joint as they journey towards their parked cruiser within the surrounding parking lot.

Reaching their idle automobile, one policeman pulls open the driver side door, while the other begins to enter from the front passenger side, seating themselves inside before resting their half stuffed paper bags upon their laps.

The two men open their containers and reach inside. Pulling out a thin paper wrapped circular item, the driver seated officer casually peels away its paper casing before turning to his partner.

Finding him withdrawing a hefty sized box container, he inquires "Josh, you trying to eat that damn thing again?"

Answering his coworker, Joshua remarks "One day I'm going to finish this burger, Bryan"

"Ha, good luck with that", Bryan taunts.

Lifting open the lid to his box, Joshua unveils a sizeable burger before lecturing "Try and try again, and thou shall succeed"

Taking a bite from his own burger, Bryan passively ridicules "If only you'd apply that to something useful"

Ignoring his partner's criticism, Joshua begins to indulge into his sandwich.

Watching Joshua tear into his burger, Bryan turns to his own and resumes his consumption.

Amidst their mid day meal, a thunderous slam prevails just beyond their, car calling Bryan's attention. Raising his head from his burger, he finds a uniformed fox hybrid storming from the fast food joint and across the sparingly occupied parking lot.

Giving a soft push against his partner's shoulder, Bryan hails "You see this?"

Tilting his head up from his meal, Joshua comments "Well, no shit"

Continuing to watch the fox trial off of the lot and onto a nearby sidewalk, Bryan briefly narrates "And that's another animal released back into the wild"

Releasing a brief chuckle, Joshua scoffs"I wonder how long it'll take this joker to get a new job"

Adding to his partner's comment, Bryan remarks "If he gets another one"

Observing the fox nearing an alleyway, the two officers catch sight of a hooded fox hybrid emerge from the narrow and shrouded urban passage. Waving his arm towards the disgruntled uniformed fox, he beckons him to enter. Accepting his gesture the uniformed fox enters inside.

Watching the two foxes journey into the alley, Bryan states "I think our friend just found his new employer"

Lowering his sandwich to his waist in disbelief, Joshua notes "That was quick"

"Nothing screams a criminal stereotype more than ushering someone into an alley", Bryan lectures.

Maintaining his visual focus on the two fleeting foxes, Joshua inquires "Should we check it out?"

Releasing a brief cuckle, Bryan dismisses "We don't need to do anything until we finish our lunch break"

Joshua lowers his view back to his sandwich, returning to his attention back to his food.

Following a few minutes of silent consumption, Byran finishes his burger, before setting the disposable wrapping into the paper bags. Turning to his partner he finds him struggling to consume the second half of his sandwich.

"Told you that you wouldn't be able to finish that thing" Byran teases.

Silently conceding to his words, Joshua rests his food into the paper box it originated from, and then into his own paper bag.