PsychCorp Prodigy

The staff of PsychCorp, still shaken from the shooting that occurred just a few days earlier, scurry to tend to their patients in need.

The mere sight of a passing police cruiser sent chills down the spine of the surviving clinical personnel.

As scheduled, a number of stretchers are prepared to send a number of deceased bodies to the morgue.

Two senior directors of the facility walk aside each other, following the line interns pushing stretchers along to the garage.

Matthew, a tall, yet thin elder, topped with long peppered hair, sporting reading spectacles. Aside him, Simon, physically fit, middle aged man, topped with short black hair. Both dressed in white lab coats, and black slacks.

As they maintain a few meters distance from the rear most intern, they begin to converse of the events that have passed, and that are to come.

Sorting through a series of papers attached to the clipboard he's holding, Simon proclaims, "The artificial intelligence prototype has been successfully installed into the deceased.".

"And the deceased brain matter?" Matthew asks.

"Completely removed, and skulls cleaned of all biological bacteri.".

"Wonderful, how is the embalming fluid on the bodies?"

"Embalming should last for a few days, more than ample time for the artificial intelligence to start up and resume natural tissue repairs.".

"Excellent."

Taking a brief gaze at the ceiling, lit with long white lights that gave the hallways their shining white appearance, Matthew takes a breath before inquiring his younger co director.

"And the data processing module?"

'Technicians say that it'll serve it's purpose, yet whether it'll remain loyal to us is unknown.".

"That'll do.".

"Sir?".

"Even in the most optimistic outcome I can reasonably imagine, loyalty to us may not be a requirement.".

Pondering the fear of another run in with the colony's unmarked police force, Simon questions the consequences of their work to his older co director.

"I understand the good nature of our work, but won't the police pay us another visit?".

Maintaining his pace behind the series of stretchers, Matthew answers, "The bureaucrats have already made up their minds. Because of what we had witnessed they see us as a threat.".

The conversation comes to a brief pause as they come to an intersection in the shining white corridors, allowing a pair of doctors pass by.

Matthew continues, "The following night after they sent in those kill teams, I received a voicemail.".

Curious, the younger co director questions, "Was it from the bureaucrats?"

"Yeah, they told me that if word got out about what really happened there, we'd be cleaned out for good, and written of as terrorists.".

"Terrorists? That's absurd."

"Not in today's world. With faith gaining popularity over science and research, there's plenty of violent groups that're waiting for an excuse to hunt down the men of our practice."

"They would do that?"

"To them, we're nothing but a loose end. Of course they'd snuff us out, they're just waiting for the right moment."

The line of interns reach a pair of steel doors leading to the garage. Both doors are opened by a duo of female nurses.

Entering into the spacious room, the directors are greeted by the newly hired security staff.

Outfitted in white hazmat suits with black gas masks, the gathering of ten men stood organized in two rows wielding military grade assault rifles.

Unanimously, they give salute to the men in lab coats.

Pondering the military like gear and behavior Simon turns to Matthew.

"What have we gotten ourselves into?"

Confident in his decision of arranging the following events to take place Matthew lectures, "With the government preparing another event to justify killing the remainder of us, maybe even shut down the entire facility, it's in our best interest to bear the fruit of our labor at our earliest convenience."

Gazing upon the interns loading the stretchers into the arrangement of five ambulances, he continues, "It just so happens that today is our earliest convenience.".

As the interns finnish loading the stretchers into the line of vehicles, Matthew directs the one hazmat security personnel from both rows to board each of the ambulances.

With an even number of armed men, aboard the series of vehicles, Matthew and Simon make their way to the center most of the ambulances.