Chapter 6~ The city is no Place for Mishaps

{Merle's P.O.V}

      I got Athena's gummy bears, like I promised her. I take pride in knowing that I won't be letting her down when I get back. But that good deed doesn't last long because I resort back to my bad habits. Due to the walkers down below, we got forced into a building but I decide to scope things out on the roof. Glenn looks over the edge with his binoculars, his mouth gapes wide open, so I steal the binoculars to see what the big fuss is about. There's a man on a horse, which has just been taken down by walkers. He crawls under the tank, and that there is where I assume he's a goner. 

"Give me the walkie." Glenn demands.

"What for? That dumbass is as good as dead." I snort. Glenn squints at me and waits for the walkie, T-dog gives it to him. 

     I roll my eyes as Glenn tries to make conversation with the horse guy. He doesn't get an answer at first, but I'm shocked when the guy comes in over the radio. The two of them come up with a plan to get the man to safety, then the others head back to the inside of the building to help. I stay up here, where I ain't getting myself into a mess. 

      I get bored waiting, so I take out my gun and start sniping walkers. The gunshots echo through the air and it makes me laugh. The others bust through the door and start yelling at me for wasting ammo, the new guy is with them. 

    T-dog starts scolding me, which pisses me off.

"That'll be the day." I remark. 

"That'll be the day?" T-dog retorts like a sassy little school girl.

    I reply with some colorful language and offensive insults, and T-dog freaks out. I hit him and start beating on him, I can hear the others around me but I ignore them. Finally I let him go, and I stand up with a smirk on my face.

"We need someone to call the shots around here, I vote me. Anybody? Huh?" I hold my gun, to intimidate them. They slowly raise their hands, so I laugh at my victory.

"Any objections?" I snark. 

"Yeah." The new guy says, then hits me with the butt of his gun.  

     He grabs me by my shirt and presses his gun to my head, then starts off on some rant. I glare at him with hatred, who does this asshole think he is? So, after giving me more hell and handcuffing me, he takes my stuff and tosses it over the roof.

"Hey! What the hell man! That's my stuff, that's my stuff!" I shriek at him. During my struggle, little ducky's gummy bears fall out of my pocket and the others see it. 

"What? What are y'all lookin' at?" I snap. Officer friendly, Aka, Rick Grimes, comes over and picks them up. This guy is beyond infuriating.

"Don't touch those! I'll kill ya'!!!" I scream at him. Andrea sighs and kindly asks Rick for them, which he obliges.

"These are for a little girl back at camp, he promised her gummy bears." She explains to him. He nods understandingly then kneels in front of me a few feet away.

"Ya' must care about her, so you do feel somethin'. Don't ya'?" Rick says.

"Screw you man." I insult him. 

"If you want to see her again, and keep your promise, then I suggest you try and get along." He tells me.

"Well then screw you twice." I chuckle. 

_______________

      Rick and the others formulated a plan to get out of here, so they execute their little suicide mission. T-dog and the others run back up to the roof and grab their stuff in a hurry. 

"Hey! Uncuff me! C'mon man!" I yell at T-dog as he starts to run away. He appears to think about it before finally giving in. 

     He trips over something and drops the key, it flies into a drain, gone forever. He apologizes then disappears, leaving me here. 

"NO!!! You can't leave me here!!!" I bellow. I frantically struggle to get free, the thought of being stuck up here forever doesn't sit well with me. Soon walkers start banging on the door, but they can't get through because T-dog must've chained the door. I watch their gnarling teeth snap and rotted fingers try to pry the door, but they're too weak and dumb to figure anything out. 

     I swear, when I get free I'm gonna kill every one of those bastards, except my brother, Athena, and Sylvie. I hope Andrea remembers to give Athena the gummy bears, the only reason I'm not completely disappointed in myself right now is because I didn't forget about her, and there's still a chance that she'll get the gummies. 

Wait for me, I'll be back, I promise you Athena.

A/N- I know it's short but I wanted to add some action and change up P.O.V's. Hope you liked! Another update will be put up soon! I'm on vacation so I have plenty of time to write. Expect more than one update today!