Chapter 23~ Trouble for Tomas

{Sylvie's P.O.V}

        Hershel returned from the tombs with the others who went to clear it out. A walker bit his leg so Rick cut it off with an ax. Carol and I get to work on him, I do most of the work as I have the most medical experience. I heard that there are prisoners that were brought back, they've been here since the beginning. I don't see how, I would've gone insane if I were them.

     Once Hershel is stable, I find Athena and grab her hand. Carol and Lori will watch over Hershel, if anything major happens I'll step back in.

"Wanna go see Daryl?" I ask her. She nods so I walk her out to the common area. I see the prisoners that I heard about. They're a gross looking group of scum that's for sure.

"Aw shoot! I ain't seen a child in a long time! From what yer' friend was tellin' me about all this death business, I didn't think there'd be any children left." The shaggy, blonde-haired prisoner says. I instantly tuck Athena behind me.

"I swear, If you were in jail for being a pedo-"

"No! No, of course not. Small drug bust, I ain't dangerous I swear!" He quickly says. 

"Cute kid. I see where she gets it from." The tough looking one with long black hair says. I roll my eyes and look to Daryl, the protective side of him is threatening to come out.

"Don't even look at er'." Daryl growls. The cocky one snickers and looks at me.

"There's no way in hell someone as hot as you is with this redneck." He scoffs. 

"Athena honey, go give Beth some company." I tell her. She scurries off and when she disappears I stride right up to Daryl. I wrap my arms around his neck and press a passionate kiss to his lips. 

"I'll see you later, don't forget to show up naked." I flirt, then wink and the cocky prisoner. 

    After that, I make a sassy exit with my hips swinging side to side. 

"You good?" Lori asks upon my return.

"Couldn't be better." I say.

      I look around for Athena, she's playing in her cell and coloring. I take a seat on the edge of her bed and look at her with a smile. She looks up at me, confused.

"Honey, can I talk to you about something?" I ask kindly. She nods so I pat the spot next to me; she is quick to join me.

"How do you feel about Mommy and Daryl being together... Like boyfriend and girlfriend?" I decide now is the right time to bring this upon her, she's had a while to get used to us being pretty close, just without the labels or public affection.

"Would Daryl be my step-daddy? Like Grampy Matthew is to you?" She wonders. 

"In a way, yes." I answer.

"I like Daryl... He makes me laugh. So... I guess I would be okay with it." She speaks with sophistication and it's hard to take her seriously because of her age.

"I'm glad you like him. I like him too." She giggles then looks at me with a devious child-like grin.

"Do you love him?"

"I think so..." I say, my cheeks flushing.

"Mommy and Daryl sitting in a tree! K-i-s-s-i-" She starts to sing but when Daryl arrives in the doorway she stops.

"Oopsy..." She giggles and hurries out of the room. 

       I burst out laughing while Daryl stands there in confusion.

"My mother is giving me permission to date the bad boy." I tell him.

"I ain't that bad." He challenges.

"Relax, I know you're just a big softy." I wrap my arms around him and look up at him.

"Yer' gonna lose yer' shit when ye' hear me say this... But- would ye' wanna come with us to show the prisoners how it's done?" Daryl offers.

"You? Asking me, to go do something dangerous? I'm in!" I joke. 

"Feel free to show the prisoners who yer' gettin' naked for." He remarks. I roll my eyes and follow him out to the common area.

    Rick, T-dog, and the prisoners are waiting around impatiently. The prisoners are itching to get going and kill some walkers, but the rest of us just want to relax for once.

"So, blondie is joining us?"

"Her names' Sylvie. So show some damn respect." Rick glares. 

"Relax sheriff. Well Sylvie, I'm Tomas." He introduces himself. He holds out his hand but I ignore it and brush past him.

      We quietly make our way to the tombs, we reach our first group of walkers. The snap and growl and limp towards us; but just as us experienced "killers" go to take them out, the prisoners battle cry and start beating on the hungry beasts. Not a single one of them gets the walkers in the head, which is the only way to kill them.

"It's gotta be the brain, ain't no other way." Daryl informs them after this first group is taken out. 

     After a short lecture, we move on deeper into the catacombs of this place. I get behind the group a little bit, just to keep an eye on the prisoners and make sure they don't try anything to my family. Tomas sees me lingering, so he slows his pace and walks beside me. He puffs out his chest and walks with a swagger in his step. He reminds me of a peacock trying to impress a female.

"Need something?" I sigh heavily.

"I think you know damn well what I need." He grins, so I see his yellow stinky teeth.

"Well in that case, I guess I better hurry back to get you some tissues, lotion and a Playboy magazine then." I retort. He quickly snatches onto my wrist, pulling me up close to him.

"Play nice, sweetheart." 

"Hey, knock it off." Axel hisses, in hopes of not alerting Daryl. Lucky for Tomas, my protective boyfriend is leading further up ahead. 

    Tomas lets go, and Axel sighs with relief. I honestly hope Tomas does something crazy to make Rick or Daryl kill him. I don't want that piece of trash in the same building or area code as me and my daughter. I'd cut his head off if he even got within shouting distance of her.

A/N- Heyyyyy guys I'm back. I realize i've been neglecting to post updates. I was busy with finals and I'm currently in the process of moving so this has been the only chapter I've been able to squeeze in. Anyways, comment what you guys thought of this chapter! Oh and feel free to check out the video trailer I made for this story. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/Ud9vCEgSYxM