Chapter 8~ Atlanta

{Daryl's P.O.V}

     I don't like the idea of Sylvie being out in the city, anything can happen. I have to watch over her, and worry about getting Merle back at the same time. We're gonna get Merle first, then the bag of guns that Rick dropped in the street. 

     We enter the clothing store, and a few stray walkers are roaming the place. The glass had broken, but most of the walkers probably found something more interesting to chew on. There's a female walker near the checkout counter, so I whistle at her to get her to turn around.

"Damn. You are one ugly skank." I mutter, then shoot her with my crossbow. 

     We find the entrance to the stairs that lead up to the roof, then we have to clear out the staircase. Sylvie takes the liberty of smashing the lock off the door, it takes her a few tries but she eventually gets it. I push past everyone and rush across the roof to find my brother, who to my dismay isn't here. 

"NO!!! NO!" I scream. I continue to search the roof, but all I find is his bloodied, severed hand. 

    In a blink of an eye, I point my crossbow at T-dog. But my plan backfires when Rick points his gun at my head.

"Rick don't!" Sylvie blurts out, stepping in front of the gun; It makes Rick lower his gun instantly. 

"What the hell is wrong with ye'!" I yell at her for bein' stupid enough to step in front of a gun. She looks at me, hurt written all over her face. I suddenly feel like the biggest dick in the world. Seriously Daryl? Why must ye' always ruin things for yerself'?

"Sorry." She says, barely above a whisper. She puts some distance between us, which makes my heart sink a little bit.

      I make Glenn carry Merle's  hand in his bag, and now its time to formulate a plan to grab the guns. So we head into the next building over, where Merle's blood trail goes cold. We sit around a small circle while Glenn uses office supplies to represent us. Rick and T-dog will hide in an alley a few blocks over while Glenn, Sylvie and I hide in another. Glenn will be the one who fetches the bag. Hopefully this goes as smoothly as Glenn seems to think it will.

    We get into position, Sylvie and I are ducked next to a dumpster and Glenn makes a run for the bag. She nervously goes up to the fence and grabs onto the links, and standing on her tip toes to try and get a visual on Glenn. It makes me uncomfortable with her being that close to the street filled with hungry walkers, but I don't dare say anything after my stunt earlier.

    She turns back around to probably join me beside the dumpster, but she stops and gets that deer in the headlights look. I stand up and peer around the dumpster, and there stands a young guy no older than twenty. When he sees me he starts shouting something in another language, I have to lunge at him and make him shut up. 

     Suddenly I feel a blunt strike to my side, and it continues. This little bastards friends jumped me!

"That's the bag pato! Take it!" One of them yells upon Glenn's very inconvenient timing to return with the guns. They run after him, and fight him for the bag. Walkers catch on to the ruckus so the men panic, they snatch up Glenn AND Sylvie and shove them into the back of a car. But I am able to shoot one of them in the ass first.

"Damnit! Assholes!!" I yell angrily, grabbing the guns. 

    Rick and T-dog find me, T-dog takes the kid and pins him against the wall with one arm while Rick talks to me about what just happened.

"This little bastard and his bastard homie friends jumped me!" I seethe. 

"Them assholes took Glenn and Sylvie. I swear I kick yer' nuts up in yer' throat if they hurt em'!" I threaten the kid. 

     We take the kid back inside the building and discuss how we're gonna get our people back. 

"We'll make a trade, our people for their's. Seems fair enough to me." Rick says simply, looking over at the kid we now know as Miguel. 

      With some intimidating threatening with the use of Merle's hand and Rick's persuasion, we get Miguel to take us to his camp to talk business. 

"Hey man, I know you don't like me much but we'll get her back. I can see how much she means to you." T-dog says once we arrive at their camp. I grunt and nod in response, which is better than some racial slur or smartass insult that Merle woulda' come up with. 

      The leader of their group comes out with a few others. He listens to what Rick has to say, then it's his turn to speak. I don't like this guy at all, he wants our damn guns.

"I wanna see her. Ye' assholes better notta' touched a single hair on her head." I warn them. The leader chuckles and nods to his men. They come back out a few minutes later with her, but a bag over her head. 

"Well, you've seen her. You know what we want, take it or leave it." He snickers.

"Daryl? Is that you?" She says from underneath the bag. 

"Ya' it's me. Are ye' alright?" I ask, my voice softening.

"Daryl I need to get back to my girl... Please, just do what they want." She says desperately. They shuffle her away back inside, leaving us with our options. 

"Ye' heard her. Let's go." I say, walking past Rick, ready to get her back. 

A/N- I hope this wasn't too cliche... and I apologize for any grammatical errors, my fingernails are super long and it's tough to type with them. Hope you liked! Thanks for all the votes, comments and reads <3