Chapter 30~ Making things better

{Sylvie's P.O.V}

       I got my sister back, along with several other Woodbury residents. We've been Governor free for a few months, and during that time Roslynn has been struggling to get clean, which means she barely speaks to me. Mom has tried to patch things up between us but Roslynn is pissed that her boyfriend is dead and somehow it's my fault. 

        Since there are no drugs here at the prison, she's been going through serious withdrawal and is a moody psycho at times. Once I caught her trying to kill Tyreese because she thought he was a spy from the "Tyrants Agency", hell if I know what that meant. 

"Yer' gonna get sunburnt out here." Daryl says when he sees me by the fence keeping watch. It's starting to get summery out and the sun shines mostly all day. It's been great for the garden in which we started to grow recently. 

"Are you offering to rub lotion on me?" I tease him.

"No- just warnin' ye'." He loses the playfulness in his voice and starts to walk away.

"Daryl wait-" He turns around, and then Roslynn decides to make an appearance.

"I was crazy to ever love him." She sighs. Daryl just looks at me for a second before he gives me and my sister some alone time.

"He abused you, he made you rely on him through the drugs. It wasn't love, maybe at first, but not after everything he did to you." I reply. 

      She sits on the ground with her legs crossed and something crumpled up in her hand. She smiles and unfolds it, then she hands it to me.

"When all this began I missed you more than anything. We tried to find you, but instead we found the Governor. He gave us a place to stay after the hell hole we had been in before. Matt tried to leave, but the Governor wouldn't let us. That's when I started working in the infirmary and helped out the doctor." She starts to explain and pauses.

"Justin came in one day after a run, he had a sprained ankle. He flirted with me and then things just happened, I fell in love with him... until he started beating me. I guess I just lost sight of who I was and I turned to drugs to get myself through the pain." She finishes her story with tears in her eyes.

      For the first time in a while she's rational and knows what's going on around her. I missed that about her, so must be the meds Dr. S is giving her is working. I know her road to recovery won't be easy, but this is a start.

"Today is the first day I don't feel like I'm dying... I mean, I still feel shitty but not as bad as I was." She tells me with a small ounce of dignity. 

"I'm proud of you Razzie" I say, and the use of her nickname makes her smile.

       As the two of us stand here smiling, we don't even notice Athena has come over. She pulls at my shirt so I turn to her and pick her up.

"What's the matter baby?" I ask her.

"Can I go with Rick and Carl?" She asks hesitantly.

"Where?" I ask her. 

"Target practice. Don't worry I've got a BB gun she can use, and I'll keep her safe for ya." Rick answers for her.

"I don't know about-"

"Come on kid, let the girl have some fun." Matthew interrupts.

       I look at my daughter's pleading face, my step dad's, and then Rick's. I guess this will only benefit her, nowadays kids will need to learn how to protect themselves. It's weird though, she's only been interested in using weapons and learning about the walkers since story time started. I wonder what kind of stories Carol is reading to those kids.

"Fine. But you be VERY careful, you hear me?" I say to Athena. She nods quickly and jumps down out of my arms. 

"I'll go too, I could use some practice." Roslynn decides.

     I watch her bound off with Rick, Carl, Matthew, Roslynn and a few of the newcomers. Rick wants them to be able to fight for themselves if they ever had to. But anyways, knowing that my daughter is safe, I walk around the courtyard. My eyes set on Daryl, looking ever so cute and like a teddy bear as he eats. I smile and then walk over.

"Nice ass." I flirt, smacking it and winking as I walk ahead of him.

     He scoffs but smiles, you can tell he tries to hide it but it doesn't work. I've got that man under my spell, and wrapped around my finger.

"I thought ye' were done with me?" He says. 

       About a month ago, Daryl and I got into a huge fight, which wasn't long after the fight we had when he came back with Merle. Basically, Daryl told me he couldn't just give up on me and I was still getting over everything so I was especially temperamental. I freaked out on him and told him to never speak to me again and that I was done with him for good. That same night, I showed up crying at his door and we spent the night together. We didn't do anything, we just slept in the bed and in the morning I left. That's how our relationship has pretty much been since the whole Merle incident.

"Kinda hard to be done when you walk around dressed like that!" I playfully shove him, and he grabs onto my arm, pulling me dangerously close to him.

"Ye' can't stay away from me. Admit it." He rasps. 

      He breathes next to my ear, and then he whispers something exceptionally naughty. And to finish it off, he slaps my ass and goes about eating his food.

"Hey Daryl!"

"Hello Daryl!" A bunch of people say to him as we walk by. 

"You've become quite the celebrity around here." Carol observes. Again Daryl scoffs.

    Daryl is right, when I'm around him I have no control. I can't stay away even if I wanted to, he's really grown on me I'll give him that.

A/N- Not entirely happy with this, but it's just to introduce a new season and setting. Next chapter will hopefully be more interesting. And I hope you guys aren't mad about the teasing of these two getting back together or not...hmmmm. Oh and Ps. the picture above is what Sylvie's family looks like. They're played by Julia Roberts, Britt Robertson, and Chris Meloni.