Chapter 32~ Attacked

{Sylvie's P.O.V}

     I haven't been out of the prison since a group of us went and got meds for the sick people. I'm going stir crazy around here with nothing to do but do chores or care for Athena. It's getting better around here, day by day things are getting back to normal. Athena luckily pulled through, she's so much livelier and playful. Her and Carl have fun reading comics together and she tries to help him with the outdoor chores; but somehow she just ends up sitting in the mud, playing with the pigs.

"Did you see the huge group of those things that Carl and Rick took down last night?" Beth comes up to me and asks. 

     I stare out at the courtyard. Our home has been breached by those monsters, but today will be spent taking them out to the woods and burning them. I just look at Beth and nod, I feel like life is about to fall apart.

"Are you okay?" She asks again. This time my eyes water when I look at her, she just silently puts her arms around me and squeezes tight.

"This will all turn around, this can't be all that life is, it just can't be." She says. I pull away and wipe my tears.

"I know... There's just so much pain and suffering, what kind of life is that for any of us? I never know when it's my last day and its driving me nuts. I'm running circles just trying to keep Athena out of harms way, but some day my efforts just won't be enough... You know?" I vent to her. She nods and places a hand on my shoulder.

"You look like you could use a walk. Why don't you go out into the woods, I'll watch Athena for you. Hershel and Michonne are getting ready to take another load of bodies out, maybe they'd like some help." Beth suggests. 

      I force myself to take a deep breath and take a stroll over to Hershel and Michonne.

"Hey guys, mind if I join?" I ask them. Hershel grins kindly and nods. Hershel has such a warming personality, he can make my frown turn into a smile with a simple look.

        Michonne and I do all the lifting while Hershel straps down the bodies, then he hops in the drivers side. Michonne and I ride passenger, which I'l gladly leaving the driving to Hershel. 

"Once these bodies are taken care of, we'll need to cut down some more trees and secure the fences again. I was thinking we could dig some ditches by the fence, it might thin them out. We certainly don't need another mishap like last night." Hershel verbalizes his ideas to us. Michonne nods, and so do I. Hershel is somewhat of a genius, he really is the glue that holds us together. 

"So Sylvie, hows your girl doin'?" Hershel attempts to break the silence. 

"She's doing great thanks to you, I owe you everything Hershel." I thank him. He smiles at me and mutters something, I don't quite catch what he says. 

      Our short journey is over when we reach the spot were we'll be disposing of the bodies. We all pile out of the vehicle and Michonne and I get to work. The stench is so intense I have to take quick breaks to get a breath of fresh air, but then I return to grabbing their rotted bodies and tossing them away like garbage. 

"I'm gonna grab a drink from the stream, want me to get you guys some?" I ask them. Both are quick to say yes and hand me their bottles.

      Careful not to make too much noise, I avoid the branches and leaves on my way to the brook. In my head, I hum a little song that I used to sing to Athena when she was a newborn. I smile, finally I feel my sanity coming back and I feel hope that life will turn around once again. 

"Who's thirsty?" I call out when I return. No one responds to me.

"Guys?" I say again. 

      I walk around the vehicle, no one is around except for some fresh blood, and Hershel's fabric that he would tie around his mouth.

"Shit... Shit, shit,shit. This can't be happening..." I panic, realizing that someone had gotten to them. 

     Almost immediately, I take off running back to the prison. I don't bother with the truck or anything because my mind is set on getting help. With my mind all in a stir and my feet moving a million miles per hour, I trip over my own feet and face plant in the dirt. 

"Going somewhere?" I hear a familiar voice say. I look up, and there stands Corey Moldigan, the last living brother. 

     I turn on survival mode and reach into my knife sheath. I take it out and slash his chest, he hisses in pain. I quickly stand up and start running again. I look behind me and Corey is no where in sight, and in front of me just through the trees is the prison.

     Bursting through the bushes, I wave my hands to alert anyone behind the fences who might be watching.

"DARY-" I start to shout but a rotted, bony hand grabs onto my hair. 

      I can feel the gurgling sound from the walker breathing on me as it tries to take a hunk of flesh out of my shoulder. I swing my leg back and snap one of it's frail legs, it falls to the ground but takes a small chunk of my hair with it. I hurry to stomp on it's head until I can't hear the growling. 

"Impressive. Such a shame, you almost made it back unharmed." Corey snickers. He pistol whips me in the face, but not hard enough to knock me out. 

      After flipping me onto my stomach, he uses his knees to pin my back down while he ties my hands behind my back. He then ties a cloth around my mouth and lifts me up over his shoulder.

"The governor misses you; But I gotta tell ya', he ain't too happy about my brother being killed. I'd do some serious prayin' if I were you." Corey speaks with confidence, he almost sounds as sinister as his brother. 

A/N- Oh my god guys, it's been like months since I've had any ideas to be able to update. I finally got my ass in gear, so here's a chapter. I hope you enjoy. Ps. Dun dun, one of the Moldigan brothers is still alive, uh oh :0