Chapter 15~ Healing

{Sylvie's P.O.V}

     This farm is so beautiful. It seems to have been untouched by the new hellish world, there's animals, wide open fields, a barn, a large house and very friendly people that live here. I met Hershel, the owner of this place, along with his two daughters Beth and Maggie. The others who live here are Otis, Patricia and Jimmy. When I brought Athena, they helped me fix her up right away. Since I'm her mother, I couldn't put my paramedic skills to use, so Patricia and Maggie did. I'm grateful to them, because I honestly don't know if I could listen to my daughter cry and scream whenever they tried to clean and bandage the wound. The cut was deep enough where it needed two stitches, so my baby is on bed rest for a few days.

      Carl is also on the road to healing, he's worse off than Athena but he's a tough boy and has been strong. Hershel has allowed us to stay on his farm while the kids heal, which is a noble thing of him to do.

    We've set up a campsite in the front yard, once again Athena, Daryl and I are sharing a tent. But I wouldn't have it any other way, he makes us feel safe.

"Daryl, can you help me with something?" I call out to him from inside the tent. He steps inside and gives me a questioning look.

"I'm gonna lay outside, mind putting sunscreen on my back?" I ask him. He nods so I give him the lotion and stand with my back facing him.

     The lotion feels great on my skin, but what's even better is Daryl's strong hands. It feels more like a back rub rather than a harmless lathering of lotion. I smile when his hands trail down my arms, then back to my shoulders. I feel him stop, but almost a split second later his hands are on my hips and he turns me around.

"Yer' a tease ye' know that?" He mumbles in my ear. I bite my lip then start pressing soft kisses on his neck, I then bring my lips up very close to his ear.

"You haven't seen that half of it." I whisper seductively, then step back. I smirk at him as I exit the tent, I should feel bad but I don't. A little teasing isn't so bad, at least not for me.

     I barely get two feet outside the tent when I feel a hand grab my wrist and pull me back into the tent. Daryl lowers me onto the blankets, hovering over me the whole time. I feel my heart throbbing from the anticipation of his stare.

"Dar-" He cuts me off with a rough kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck and try to further the kiss even more. 

     Somewhere in all the heat and intensity, clothing is discarded and the door ends up getting zipped. Daryl is like no one I've ever been with before, he keeps me guessing and it excites me. 

       Daryl rolls off of me, both of us are left panting like dogs in the hot sun. I look over at him with my mouth opened slightly, I then start laughing and bury my face into his chest.

"What?" He asks, he probably thinks he did something bad.

"I can't believe we just did that... But I loved it, so much." I say quietly.

"Darlin', ye' ain't even seen the half of it." He quotes my earlier statement. 

"Is that so? Why don't you show me... But later, I've gotta go check on Athena." I sigh and search the tent for my clothing. 

    I look like a smiling buffoon as I walk into the house, I get weird looks from Lori, and especially Shane. 

"Where's Athena?" I ask Maggie. Last I checked she was napping on the couch.

"She's hanging out with Carl, they're probably playing with the checker set that Beth found for them." Maggie explains. I nod and find my way to the bedroom where Carl is.

    Instead of playing checkers, both of them are snoozing, Athena is curled up near his legs and the checkerboard is beside him. I feel my heart melt at the sight, man do I wish I had a camera. Instead, I hurry out to the living room to tell Lori. When she sees them, she smiles too.

"I'm glad he has another friend in this world." Lori whispers. 

      After making sure Athena is safe, I head back outside and sit with the group at the campfire. Shane is distant with all of us, he's been acting weird since his run to the FEMA setup at the nearby highschool. Otis never came back, and he concocted some bullshit story about Otis sacrificing himself so Shane could get the supplies back to Carl. I'm not stupid, It's very clear that he's lying. Then again, these people don't know him like I do, he lied to my face all the time.

My favorite one would have to be... Ah yes, this one: "I promise I be there for you and the baby, I love you" 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Shane retorts when he catches me staring. 

"Nah, I'd rather burn my eyes out so I can't see you." I remark. I hear Daryl stifle a laugh from beside me, and Shane of course glares at him.

     Andrea begins to stare at me, and not so nicely either. She's so defensive of Shane, I don't understand. Especially because I've done nothing to her.

    Daryl and I decide to retire for the night, the conversation around here is pretty much dead and the tension is high. We lay down, in the same bed. Since Athena has been staying in the house, we've got the tent to ourselves. I rest my head on his chest and he wraps his arm around me.

"I'm goin' out on a horse tomorrow. Gonna look for Sophia some more." Daryl informs me.

"Okay... Be careful." 

     A moment of silence passes, then I start to think, will anything come of this relationship? Or was it just a one time deal. Cause if thats the case then I better enjoy every second of this intimacy.

"Can I ask you something?" I say. He nods.

"Was this just a one time thing?" 

"The hell ye' mean one time thing? I ain't that kinda guy, I ain't no Shane." He replies.

"I like ye', but I ain't the romantic type." He adds.

"Well... I think you're perfect the way you are. And for the record, I like you too." I smile. I press my lips against his then snuggle against him.

"Let's just keep it to ourselves for a while, alright? I don't know how Athena would handle it." He nods in agreement.

    Wow, me and Daryl Dixon? I like it...

A/N- This chapter makes me nervous, just because I really hope I portrayed Daryl as close to his character as possible. I kinda tried to base it off of how he interacted with Beth and a little bit of other films Norman is in. It's hard when he hasn't actually had a love interest on the show... Comment your thoughts! I appreciate them!