Chapter 11~ Wining and Dining

{Sylvie's P.O.V}

      I wasn't all that close to Jim, but I didn't realize saying goodbye would be so hard. If only he had been able to hold on a little longer until we got him to the CDC. The poor guy's bones were like glass, and every bump on the road caused him excruciating pain. 

     After leaving Jim, we head back out on the road to finish our journey. Since I didn't get any sleep the previous night, my eyelids are heavy and attempt to close every few minutes. Eventually I give in, hopefully a little cat nap will make this drive go by faster.

"Sylvie, we're here." Daryl says. I open my eyes and almost instantly my shoulders droop and my mouth gapes open.

"Daryl... This place-" 

"I know. First sign of danger and I'm gettin' ye' two outta here." He interrupts me. 

      We file out of the vehicles and start walking up to the building. The dead bodies littered across the pavement reek something awful, but I just try to ignore it and focus on what's most important. 

"Pee-yeww!" Athena exclaims, dramatically pinching her nose and scrunching her face. 

"I know, just ignore it baby." I say quietly.  

         We reach the doors, only to find that they're shut tight and there seems to be no sign of life at all. Everyone starts to panic, the thought of being out in the city at night can't be too settling. 

"Walkers!" Daryl announces. I gasp and grab Athena's hand, pulling her closer to my side. 

     Daryl and a few of the guys kill the walkers heading our way, but Rick ignores all the signs and starts yelling at a security camera by the door.

"Please! We have women and children! We have no food, no water, we're almost out of gas and we have no where to go!" He yells frantically. Shane tries pulling him back but he ignores him.

"You're killing us! You're killing us!" Rick screams. 

"Mommy are we going to die?" Athena asks nervously. I pick her up and hold her tight.

"Shh, it's okay, we'll be alright." I say soothingly. 

       As we turn around to leave, the doors open and a bright light illuminates the night sky. For a minute it's like time just stood still, but then we hurry inside. 

"Hello? Is anybody here?" Rick calls out. We all become alert at the sound of a gun cocking. 

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The stranger asks.

"A chance." Rick replies. 

"That's asking for a lot these days." The man shoots back.

"I know." Rick breathes. 

"You all submit to a blood test, that's the price of admission." The man says sternly. 

"We can do that." Rick agrees. 

      After that, all of us follow the man into an elevator.

"I'm Rick Grimes." Rick introduces himself.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner." He replies. 

     I observe the man carefully, something about him seems off, but I don't question it because he was nice enough to let us in. 

      Once we're off the elevator, he brings us to a large computer room. He speaks to someone he calls "Vi" 

"Who's Vi? Surely you can't be the only one here." I say. 

"Vi, say hello to our guests. Tell them... Welcome." Jenner speaks.

"Hello Guests, welcome." The computerized voice says. 

        After Jenner tells us a few things, we go to the kitchen to enjoy a nice meal. This is the most food I've seen in a long time, and my neglected belly appreciates it too. Athena especially enjoys the bread and soda. Us adults get wine, we definitely could use it.

     Dale makes a comment about children drinking wine with dinner, which ends in Carl trying a sip, thankfully he hated it. When Athena saw Carl's reaction, she instantly decided she didn't want any.

"It seems to me that we haven't thanked our host properly." Rick says, getting our attention by clinking his fork on his wine glass. 

"He's more than just our host." T-dog says, holding up his glass. We all clink glasses and take a sip.

"Booyah!" Daryl shouts drunkenly. I laugh at how crazy he acts with alcohol in his system.

      After dinner, Jenner gives us a tour of the housing section of this place. He tells the children about the wreck room, which gets them excited. 

"Also, if you shower, take it easy on the hot water." He says finally, then walks away.

"Hot water?" Glenn repeats.

"That's what the man said!" T-dog says excitedly.

      Daryl picks out a room for us to stay in, so I carry mine and Athena's things inside. I set them on the floor then plop down on the bed. Daryl returns to the room a few minutes later with a full bottle of wine, he drinks it down almost as easily as drinking water. 

"Ye' look like ye' could use some of this." He says, bring the bottle over and handing it to me. I smirk and take a good long sip of it. 

"Well I'm gonna shower, if Lori brings Athena back just tell her where I am." I tell him. 

     I turn the water on and step in, the water is heavenly on my skin. It's been so long since the last time I had a proper shower. After I finish washing my hair and body, I get out and wrap my torso with a soft white towel. 

     I cross the room and rummage through my bag for some pajamas, I settle on my favorite long t-shirt and booty shorts. 

"Daryl can you get my socks out of the bathroom?" I ask him. He grabs them for me and when I try to get them from him he holds them out of my reach.

"Oh come on! Not fair!" I hold my towel in place with one hand and use my other to try and steal my socks back.

      He holds them behind his back, so I wrap both arms around him. I finally am able to grab them, but we both just stop there for a minute. I feel the rise and fall of his chest against mine, and suddenly I feel powerless to stop my erratic beating heart.  

     I surprise myself by pressing my lips desperately against his, and even more surprising to me, he kisses back. In the heat of things, I drop the socks and he presses my back against the wall. He uses his rough hands lift me up and my legs wrap around him. He places soft kisses on my neck and start to remove my towel.

"Knock knock, someone wants to-" Carol starts to say but stops herself when she sees us. Daryl quickly lets me down and I adjust my towel.

"H-hey Carol... Is Athena ready for bed?" I stutter. 

"Um, yeah. Sorry to interrupt... Uh, here she is." Carol opens the door all the way and Athena steps inside. Thankfully she hadn't seen anything. 

"Hey baby girl, how about a nice hot bath and then mommy will tuck you in. Hows that sound?" I try to say excitedly, knowing how much of a pain it is to get a four year old to bathe.

"Okay mommy. Hi Daryl!" Athena greets him. He's sitting on the bed with his legs crossed, so he just awkwardly waves. 

    I find myself smiling like a little school girl as I get Athena ready for her bath. Something about a steamy make out and a hot redneck gives me chills. 

"Mommy why are you smiling so much?" She asks, playing with the bubbles. 

"Because you're just so cute honey." I smile and poke her nose, and she giggles.

Children are so observant...

A/N- Yayyyy they finally kissed. Hope you like this pairing, and I hope it wasn't too cliche, I tried>.< Thanks for all the reads! Comment if ya want.