Chapter 28~ Love Hurts

{Sylvie's P.O.V}

"You're going off with him?! Are you serious?" I freak out at Daryl. He refuses to look me in the eyes and nods.

"I went back to find you, after all the hell I had just went through... And you're just gonna leave?" He just ignores me and looks over at Merle.

"Merle's the reason why we ended up there in the first place, you can't seriously be choosing him over her." Glenn pipes up. Daryl shoots a glare at him, but Glenn stands his ground and stares right back.

"I'm gonna tell you this because I think you're the stupidest asshole who ever lived. No one, and I mean no one is going to love you as honestly and as much as Sylvie does. So you go ahead and leave with this piece of crap who wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst." Glenn says passionately, jabbing his finger at the air to get his point across. 

"Come on baby brotha'. You ain't gotta listen to these assholes." Merle interrupts. 

     That's when I get furious. So I charge forward and slap Daryl as hard as I can across the face. He stands there stunned for a moment and looks at the ground.

"Don't bother coming back." I hiss before storming back to the car and getting inside. 

       Soon we are on the road back to the prison, and all the while I stare out the window. Every tree we pass and every walker is a reminder that this is our reality. There is no happy endings, no together forever and at some point we are all going to die. 

"Sylvie, aren't you going to get out?" Maggie asks. I hadn't even noticed we're back through my self wallowing and misery.

       I climb out of the vehicle and I can already feel the sad looks I'm getting from everyone. I'm sure I look like a human punching bag, I sure as hell feel like one. I lick my lips and taste the dried blood, again it's a reminder of what that man did to me. 

"Mommy!!!" Athena shouts, running at me full speed. 

     She crashes into me and throws her arms around me. I flinch at the sudden movement as it makes my injuries flare up in pain.

"Careful baby, momma has some boo-boos." I sigh. She pulls away with a guilty look on her face.

"Sorry mommy... Daryl brought you back like he promised!" She says cheerfully. Then she looks around for him, but he is clearly no where to be found.

"W-where's Daryl?" She wonders. I tense up and feel my heart throb at the mention of his name.

"He went away for a while." I say coldly. She sighs heavily and looks up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Mommy I missed you." She says. 

       I force a smile on my face and bend down to pick her up.

"I missed you too honey... I love you so much." My voice cracks and a single tear escapes the corner of my eye.

     I instantly set her down and rush into the prison. I sit on my bed and look at Daryl's belongings next to mine. In anger, I grab his stuff and toss it down below on the cement. After that, I just lay in my bed with my back facing out. 

"I feel the same way. I just want to go to bed and never go outside again. Because of what happened to me, I want to find a reason to hate everyone and I've noticed myself taking it out on those who love me." I hear Maggie say. I turn over and look at her, my face is stained with tears and my eyes swollen and puffy,

"Justin got to you too?" I ask softly. 

"No... The governor did." She answers. 

"I'm so sorry... I didn't know." I apologize. She smiles weakly and then takes a seat on the edge of the bed. At this point I'm sat up and my legs hang off the side.

"So it was Justin? Did he do this to you?" She asks, pointing to the bruises peppering my body.

"Yes. He was so mean..." I whisper. I feel her grab my hand so I look up, she has tears in her eyes.

"What they did is horrible, but we've got each other and we're going to get through this. We're stronger now." Maggie says quickly before she loses it and starts to cry. 

      The two of us are just sitting there in a mess of tears when Glenn appears at the door. Maggie pats my shoulder and gets up to go with Glenn. So I just sit here alone, wishing Daryl were here to make all the pain go away.

"Mommy... Why are you crying?" Athena asks kindly, nervously approaching me.

"No reason baby... Come lay in bed with momma." I say, quickly wiping my tears and holding my arms out to her. 

     We lay down in bed, my arms wrapped snug around her small frame. She reaches up with her little hand and wipes a stray tear off my cheek.

"It's okay mommy, the boo-boos will go away. I'll kiss them and make it all better!" She says innocently. 

     I let her kiss the bruise on my cheek, I decide not to tell her about the others. Instead I just smile and kiss her hair.

"You're the best thing in the world, you know that?" I tell her. She smiles brightly and giggles.

"No, you are mommy!" 

      Something about my daughter's presence makes all the pain go away, I don't need Daryl when I have the greatest child in the world. And with her safe in my arms, I can go to bed knowing both of us are safe.

For now.

A/N- This was kinda a filler chapter, so it's not very action packed.. But I hope you enjoyed it regardless. Comment if ya want! Ps. What do you think happened to Sylvie's family? Will She ever see them again?