Chapter 38~ Terminus

A/N- Don't worry I haven't forgotten about you guys, busy couple weeks. And in spirit of this chapter, I'm wearing my terminus hoodie! I appreciate all the great comments and feedback! Hope you enjoy.

{Sylvie's P.O.V}

    It feels like we've been walking forever, my legs are just about ready to give out and I'm so hungry I could eat a friggin' cow. We've decided as a group that we're gonna check out this place called "Terminus". Apparently it's a big community and supposedly safe.

"Guys, we made it." I point out, smiling at the sight of the fences. Rick looks back at us all and smiles. We line up against the fence as we peek through the links. There are indeed people walking around and it seems secure enough.

     Rick has us check the perimeter real quick before gathering together to get ready to go in. He starts to dig a hole, which slightly confuses some of us.

"What's that for?" Athena asks.

"To bury these, just in case." Rick says, lifting up the bag of guns and dropping them in the hole. He covers them back up and we get our weapons ready, It's time to see what this terminus place is all about.

     Rick leads us in, we go in as though there could be a threat. The moment we let our guards down something bad could happen. We turn a corner into a large open room where a woman sits at a desk talking into a radio.

Terminus, community for all, sanctuary for all. Those who arrive, survive.

"Hello" Rick greets the woman at the desk. All the people in the room look over at us, then suddenly a man with brown hair sighs in frustration.

"Well, I bet Albert is on perimeter watch again." He says in a monotonous tone.

"Are you here to rob us?" The man asks. Rick replies so the man steps forward and gets closer to us.

"Usually we do this where the train tracks meet but, I'm Gareth. Welcome to Terminus." Gareth welcomes us.

      He eventually makes us turn over our weapons, which we do but ever so hesitantly. After that, Gareth's brother Alex begins to give us a tour of the place. He brings us out into this courtyard looking place, it looks nice enough. There's a woman cooking steaks on a grill, she smiles at us and greets us. I look around at the people, on a young woman I spot a poncho. That was once Daryl's, but it ended up in Maggie's possession.

   Rick must see all the familiar items as well, he storms up to Alex and knocks the plate out of his hand and snatches up Glenn's watch. He points his gun at Alex's head. The young man starts panicking, and pleading with Rick to let him go.

"Where did you get the watch?" Rick asks angrily.

"We got it off of a dead one! I didn't think he'd need it!" Alex whimpers. Suddenly, Gareth appears from behind us.

"The riot gear we got off of a dead cop, the poncho off a clothes line. It appears you don't trust us anymore." Gareth explains, no emotion on his face whatsoever.

    That's bullshit, that's Daryl's poncho and that riot gear came from our prison. 

"What do you want Rick?" Gareth asks, appearing to try to strike a deal or something.

"Where are our people?" Rick growls.

    The snipers on the roof start shooting at us, just barely missing us. I grab Athena's hand and we start running, Rick leads the way. We run past a fenced off area with human bones everywhere. As we're about to enter a door, I feel a hand grab onto my wrist and yank me back. Athena's little hand is ripped away from mine as I'm dragged backwards.

"Mommy!!!" Athena screams, she starts running towards me but Michonne picks her up. Daryl stops on a dime and points his crossbow at my captor as he comes at us. One of the snipers on the roof fires at him and misses. Daryl stumbles back a few feet but immediately points his weapon. My captor lifts me over his big burly shoulders and starts to carry me away. Daryl fires his crossbow, but misses.

"Daryl watch out!" I cry out.

"Sylvie don't worry, I'm gonna get ye' back!" Daryl yells out to me. The gunfire between us is preventing him from doing anything, and as hard as I kick and hit, this guy is tough as nails and barely even blinks at my efforts to escape.

"Daryl! We gotta go!" Michonne yells at him. Then they all disappear from my view. I hear Daryl curse some colorful words and yells my name before the yelling stops.

    Im tossed onto the ground and a group of about four men surround me, including Gareth. The big one who snatched me up roughly grabs onto my arms and forces them behind my back. He ties a rope around them and secures it tight.

"Let's go." Gareth says angrily, grabbing my arm and yanking me along with him. I fight at first, digging my heels into the ground and thrashing wildly. But his sidekick with the huge biceps punches me in the face.

"Knock it off!" He warns. I quickly shut up and let Gareth take me wherever. I hope like hell Rick finds a way to kill these bastards, he has to.

      We head up a flight of stairs and up onto a roof. Once we get up there, a man in a black leather jacket and tan pants turns around.

Corey Moldigan.

"NO! Get me away from him!!" I scream, and start to fight again, this time harder.

"Oh honey, did ya' miss me?" Corey snickers. Gareth looks at him confused.

"You know her?" Gareth asks, looking at me and back at Corey.

"Her little buddies killed my brother, and I almost had her to myself, but she decided she didn't want me anymore. Tell me, did you find your little girl?" He says with a grin.

"Your bastard brother killed my sister!" I yell at him. I angrily lunge at him but he catches my arm and pulls me up to him. He wraps his elbow around my neck and holds his knife up to my face.

"Relax sweetheart, your sister wasn't gonna make it in this world and you know it." He says.

     I can hear the gunfire down below, and then it goes silent. I watch Gareth walk over to the edge of the roof.

"Drop your weapons!" Gareth demands. There's a long silence, no one moves or says anything, until Gareth does.

"Now!!" Gareth shouts, harsher this time. A brief moment passes before I hear the faint sound of metal hitting the concrete.

      Corey brings me to the edge of the roof, and I look down at the others. Daryl's jaw tenses and he shifts his weight back and forth from leg to leg. You can tell he's pissed. Athena is standing next to Carl, clinging onto his sweatshirt. She looks scared, but her expression is still firm, and she seems braver. Instead of crying, she stands there with a frown and makes eye contact with me.

"Ring leader. Walk over to the train cart and stand by the door, or we'll kill your son." Gareth threatens. Rick narrows his eyes but eventually cooperates.

"Now the Archer." Gareth says, referring to Daryl.

"Next the Samuri."

"Line up in front of the cart, in that order. Ring leader, Archer, Samuri." Gareth commands. They line up, and leaves Athena and Carl standing there.

"My son!" Rick yells, his eyes burning holes through Gareth.

"Go kids." Gareth finally says, allowing them to walk over. I watch them file into the train cart and the door is shut behind them.

"Please, don't hurt them..." I beg, attempting to kiss ass and see if it does me any good.

"Honey, next time you see them they'll be steaks on the grill." Corey chuckles.

"NO!!!" I scream, my legs give out from underneath me and I drop. I shake as I stare at the ground, my family, my daughter.

They're gone...