Chapter 2: Safe

Next thing I knew I was waking up on a couch in the middle of an unfamiliar living room.. But who's?

I tried to remember what had happened.. it started coming back to me.

Mark got mad at me and I tried to run away.. he had punched me in the face.

I touched my face and felt the pain as I pressed down on it.

There definitely was going to be a bruise.

"You're awake" a voice said bringing me back to reality.

"Ya" I said wincing in pain as I tried to sit up a little.

I was lightheaded.

"Do you need anything?" the voice asked again this time I seen who was speaking.

It was the voice of a boy about my age.

He wearing a muscle tank top and black skinny jeans.

Not gonna lie he was pretty good looking as well..

"Umm no I'm good thanks" I smiled.

"Just tell me when you do" he offered me.

"I will" I stated.

I remembered mark and started to freak out.

"Where's Mark??" I questioned nervously.

"Ohhh so that's the assholes name?" He questioned.

I nodded.

"Well in that case Mark is most likely still lying on the ground at the mall" he smirked with pride.

"So you're the one who was screaming at him?"

"Yup that's me.. Calum hood" he smiled brightly.

"Well thank you Calum.. " I said, knowing I owed him big time for what he did.

He did what I had been trying to do for years in only seconds.

"You're welcome " he smiled.

"I couldn't see someone get abused like that, you didn't deserve that" he stated and I could tell he meant every word he said.

"What did you do anyway for him to do that?" he asked curiously.

"Honestly... I don't know it's been like this for two years he doesn't let me out of his sight, I can't leave the house alone, I can't break up with him either" I kept blabbering on, but I couldn't help myself I had been under Mark's control for so long and I hadn't told anyone about what was happening because I couldn't.

"Really? I'm so sorry.." he said putting a hand on mine.

I felt butterflies started to form in my stomach.

"It's not your fault calum...it's just how Mark is. I was too dumb to realize that the first time I met him" I said bringing tears to my eyes.

Calum pulled me close, embracing me in his arms as he he rubbed my back trying to comfort me.

"No don't say that.. He put on an act to make you think he was a great guy.. It's not your fault you thought he was something different"

I continued to cry into his chest as we sat in silence for a few moments.

"It's ok it's all over.. I wish I came sooner" he whispered in my ear.

And for some reason.. Something told me maybe Calum was telling me the truth.

Hope you like this chapter:) and well thanks for reading

Much love xx