Chapter 15: New Bass

Maddy's pov

It was a week before the boys first gig and they were practicing more than ever.
Calum was really excited for this gig because he said that they were gonna play some new songs.
And well I was really hyped to hear the boys again after not hearing them in almost a month.

"I can't believe we are going to be performing in front of people" Calum explained, as we sat at his kitchen table eating the breakfast he made us.

"Well believe it hood you're gonna be famous" I laughed.

He smiled looking at me and back down at his food.

"So what's mr famous gonna wear for his big night?" I Joked.

His eyes widened and he looked at me.

"What?"

"I don't know what to wear" he exclaimed nervously.

"Calum I was joking you'll be fine wearing normal clothes dude" i told him.

"I don't know.. You think it'll be too casual?" He questioned

"Calum.. You're a 'punk rock' band right? So you guys shouldn't be dressed up" I exclaimed.

He shrugged

"ya maybe you're right"

"So you got practice today?" I asked him.

"Nope" he smiled "I was thinking we could do something together"

I looked up at him and smiled.

"Like what?" I questioned.

"Well I was thinking maybe we could go to the music store and you could help me pick out a new bass"

He looked at me to see if I was interested.

"Or we could do something else..."

"No I'd love to help! Just let me get ready" I smiled brightly as I left to go upstairs and get ready.

              ~~~~~

When we arrived at the store the man at the counters face lit up.

"My favorite customer" he said as he looked at Calum.

"Hey Pat, how's it going?" Calum smiled at the man.

"Pretty good, can I help you with anything?" He questioned him.

"I'm just looking for a new bass" Calum explained.

"Alright well let me know if you need help" Patrick stated.

Calum nodded "I will"

We made our way to the back of the store.

"Wow there's a shet load of them" I said looking at the line of basses.

"I know it's hard to pick one because they are all so beautiful" he exclaimed, making me laugh.

He turned and smiled at me "I know I know I seem like a weirdo talking about basses like that"

"I'm not judging" I shrugged as I walked past Calum.

"What color you looking for?" I asked inspecting them as I continued walking.

"Anything really I just want something nice, ya know?" He picked one up looking at it then setting it back down.

"How about this one?" I asked as I pointed at a nice black bass.

He walked over and stopped beside me as he reached for the bass picking it up and inspecting it.

"Not bad, not bad"

"You don't have to like it I just love the color black so it caught my eye" I laughed.

"Nah I like it, good eye Maddy" he said smiling at me.

I could feel my cheeks getting warmer.

Fuxk was I blushing??

He looked at the price tag and sighed.

"Ugh I'm a hundred short"

"How much is it?" I questioned him

"$650" he said as he frowned and set the bass back down.

"If you like it, Let's get it" I told him.

He looked at me like confused.

"Maddy I'm a hundred dollars short" he repeated himself.

"I heard you the first time now let me ask you again do you like it?"

He looked at the bass again and sighed

"I love it"

"Then you're getting it" I said as I reacted on my pocket pulling out my money, handing him $100.

"What-...Maddy. no, I'm not letting you" he refused my offer and pushed my hand away.

"Calum.. Take it" I said looking him in the eyes.

"You deserve it.. Please just take it or you'll make me go through more trouble coming back here with more money and buying it myself"

He looked at me and shook his head.

All of the sudden he hugged me

"Thank you Maddy" he whispered as I hugged him back.

He pulled away and smiled widely at me.

"Now let's get you that bass" I told him as he picked it up again carrying it to the front of the store.

Calum's pov

When Maddy offered me that money I never wanted to just kiss the hell out of somebody that badly.

I didn't want to take her money, but after her arguing with me to take it I couldn't say no to her.

Instead I just hugged her..

I could tell the hug had taken her by surprise, but It felt right when she hugged me back.

"Thank you Maddy" I whispered.

I pulled away smiling at her just thinking about how lucky I was to have met her.

She was so caring and amazing..

"Now let's get you that bass" she said as she smiled.

I picked up the bass making my way to the front of the store.

SO I hope you liked this chapter.. Some interesting things are coming soon:))) I can't wait
Anywayssss

Much love xx