Chapter 24: Falling

Maddy's pov

It's been a week since we've told everyone about us dating and my life was going great:)

I couldn't be any happier.

"what would you say if I told you that song me and the boys were working on is finally done?" Calum asked from the bathroom connected to our bedroom.

I laid in bed not wanting to get up.

"I'd say let me hear it hood" I smirked looking at him as he stood in the doorway, brushing his teeth.

"I'll tell the boys to come over later" he said after spitting into the sink.

"Can't wait I should prolly text the girls to see if they wanna hang" I added, reaching for my phone.

Calum ran and jumped on the bed stopping me.

I laughed

"Noooo not yettt" he begged.

He was basically on top of me.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Because I planned on taking you out on a date today.." He went on.

"We can invite them over later, but today I want to finally take you on that date" he insisted.

I looked at him and nodded.

"Ok, but please tell me I don't have to get dressed up"

"Nope you can get dressed down" he joked as he gave me a quick wink.

I playfully pushed him and laughed.

"CALUMMM"

He chuckled at me reaction.

"You know I'm just playing babe" he pecked my lips.

"You better be" I smiled at him.

"Now get up ya lazy bum we gotta get ready for our amazing date" he said getting off the bed and going back into the bathroom.

I groaned as I tried getting out of bed.

               ~~~~~~~

Calum and I were driving to the special location of our date.

I didn't even bother asking because it was obvious Calum didn't want to tell me where we were going.

We were listening to the radio when Hanging By a Moment by Lifehouse came on.

"This is my jam" Calum stated and began singing passionately.

I smiled at him.

Oh god I was falling for this weirdo..

And I was falling hard.

The chorus came on and he began basically screaming the lyrics

"IM FALLING EVEN MORE IN LOVE WITH YOUU LETTING GO OF WHAT IVE HELD ONTO IM STANDING HERE UNTIL YOU MAKE ME MOVE IM HANGING BY A MOMENT HERE WITH YOU"

I laughed and began singing along.

"IM LIVING FOR THE ONLY THING I KNOW IM RUNNING AND NOT QUITE SURE WHERE TO GO AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IM DIVING INTO JUST HANGING BY A MOMENT HERE WITH YOU"

He looked over at me, as we sung like idiots, with the biggest smile on his face.

I knew we were both feeling the same thing at that moment.

The song finished and we both looked at each other and laughed.

"We're here" Calum stated as he pulled down a dirt road.

"Yayyy" I smiled.

He parked the car in a field and we got out.

There was nothing around us but field.

"Calum did you just drive me out here to get rid of me?" I joked.

"No" he laughed as he made his way to his trunk taking out a blanket and a cooler.

He finished spreading out the blanket and put the cooler beside it.

"A picnic aye?" I smiled widely.

I thought it was perfect for the first date.

"Ya..Hope that's ok" he said nervously.

"Calum I love it" I stated sitting down on the blanket.

He then sat down too.

He took out two drinks from the cooler a water for himself and orange soda for me.

"I know you don't like water so i figured orange soda was ok cuz  who doesn't like orange soda" he stated handing me the orange soda.

"I love orange soda" I smiled at him.

He took out two subway grinders handing one to me.

"I remembered what sub you liked from the day we had everyone over" he told me.

I smiled as I stuffed my face into the sub.

"Best sub ever" I said.

"True that" he said stuffing his face into his.

              ~~~~~~~

After we finished eating we just sat there talking about anything and everything.

I loved being with Calum. He always knew exactly what to say to keep the conversation going and I never got tired of talking to him.
He made me the happiest girl and I thought about how lucky I was to be at the mall that day I met Calum.
It was like everything I've been through was worth it because now I had Calum because of it.
I wouldn't trade that for the world.

It was getting late so we packed up the cooler and blanket and got into calum's car for our 40 minute ride home.

As he began driving I could feel my eyes shutting, but I didn't want to fall asleep on Calum.

Calum must've noticed because he said:

"Maddy you can't go to sleep I'll carry you in don't worry"

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and put my head on the window as I curled up on the passenger seat and fell asleep.

Calum's pov

I pulled into the driveway and turned off the car as I looked over at Maddy.

She was fast asleep.

I got out making way over to the passenger side and picking her up bridal style.

I unlocked the door and carried her upstairs to our room.

I set her down on the bed and covered her with a blanket.

I looked down at her and couldn't help, but smile.

Today was amazing..

I was luckiest guy in the world to be able to call her mine.

I took of my shirt and pants before carefully climbing into bed and I laid beside her.

She rolled over a bit putting her hand on my chest.

I looked down at her moving a stray piece of hair out of her face.

Damn was she beautiful.

If only she believed me when I said that.

Hope y'all liked this chapter:)

Much love xx