Chapter 39: Worthless

Abby's pov

I was on Instagram when I seen this hilarious video of this little boy calling himself a chicken nugget and I had to show Maddy.

I shoved the phone at her.

When I realized she wasn't paying attention I looked over at her and noticed her facial expression, one I've seen only a few times before.

It was the face she made when she felt betrayed and wanted to cry.

"Maddy?" I asked worriedly.

Without talking she handed me her phone.

I rose my eyebrow in confusion as I seen she was looking at an update account for the boys on Twitter.

I looked at the latest tweet that read "Calum walking around LA with some chick" the picture below the tweet was of Calum holding some girl's hand as they walked.

I looked over at her and now there were a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Scroll down" she said, her voice breaking as she spoke.

I scrolled to the next tweet on the page to find Calum and the girl kissing.

The next she was sitting on his lap and he was smiling...

I read the fans tweets under the pictures.

"Wait doesn't cal have a gf?"

"I'm confused what about his girl back home??"

"Who's this betch!?"

I turned off her phone and set it on the table.

"Maddy.." I began.

I honestly didn't know what to say.

"How could he.. How could he just do that?" She managed to get out before tears came pouring out.

I couldn't bare to see her this way.

"I don't know.. There's gotta be some explanation for this" I said trying to give her a little hope.

"Was I that bad of a girlfriend?" She  looked at me for an answer.

"No Maddy you are a great girlfriend I don't know why he'd ever do that to you. It just doesn't make sense" I said trying to reassure her it was his fault not hers.

"I just- I don't get it. I finally fall in love with someone.. I finally find happiness.. Finally trust a guy with my heart and This happens.. I knew I didn't deserve him. I knew Mark was right about me being worthless"

I couldn't take this anymore.

"Maddy it's not your fault. You don't deserve this at all. He's a fuxking asswipe for cheating on you. You aren't worthless girly believe me. Both boys were obviously too blind to realize how amazing you are."

She shook her head

"Then why does every guy do this to me?"

I didn't know the answer to that.

Maddy's pov

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the photo of Calum with that girl.

Maybe they're just friends I thought to myself, but when I scrolled down further it got worse and worse.

When I saw her lips on his my heart dropped.

This couldn't be real.. No..he couldn't have..

I sat there staring at the page.

I heard Abby say my name and didn't know what to say.

I gave her my phone.

I was about to break and we both knew it.

No matter what she said I still couldn't except the fact he did it.

He cheated..

I honestly just wanted to cry..

"Listen I'm gonna go upstairs and lay down.." I said getting up and grabbing my phone off the table.

"Maddy" she said, stopping me before I went upstairs.

I turned to look at her.

"Just promise me we will talk about this tomorrow. I understand what you're going through. Get some rest ok?" She stated giving me a frown.

"I'll try.. I think I'm just going to listen to some music. Maybe it'll help a little" I shrugged before walking upstairs.

             ~~~~~~~

I just laid there softly singing to each song that played.

I ran out of tears hours ago and I just wanted to fall asleep, but I couldn't.

The song ended and a familiar beat began...

It was 'hanging by a moment' by Lifehouse.

Memories flashed through my head from when Calum took me on our very first date.

I smiled to myself as I remembered that day perfectly, but quickly frowned when the realization hit me that it was just a memory and we would probably never make any more like that..

Because Calum had changed.

He wanted something new and I wasn't it.

I felt my heart break more as the song played and I just laid there feeling numb.

Ok first I wanna apologize to Calum becuz I am making him seem like a total douche when he is literally the sweetest boy ever god I love him. But hey it's fiction so ya

Much love xx