Chapter 10: Practice

I woke up the next morning at 7 so I could take a shower without being in Calum's way.
I was so excited for today and just wanted it to be 9 already.

I picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a pierce the veil band tee for today.

After I finished getting ready I looked at my phone to see it was only 8:10 so why not make some breakfast?

I searched the cabinets for something to make.

Hmm how about toast?

I took out some bread for both Calum and I and placed it in the toaster for a few minutes.

I then heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

I turned around to see a tired looking Calum.

"Well Goodmorning sunshine" I joked.

"Goodmorning whatcha making?" His morning voice secretly making me melt inside.

"Toast" I replied with a smile.

"What do you want on yours?" I questioned him.

He made his way over to the cabinet grabbing vegemite.

"This" he said holding it up.

"Ok it's almost done"

The toaster dinged and I took out the pieces of toast.

Putting two on each of our plates and putting them on the table.

I grabbed some butter and two knives, handing one to Calum as I sat down.

"Thanks for the breakfast" he thanked me as he took a bite of his toast.

"It's nothing" I shrugged.

We sat there in silence until we had finished eating.

I looked at the clock to see it was 8:45

"You should probably get ready" I told him.

"You're probably right I'll go get changed and then we'll go" he got up and went upstairs.

A few minutes later he came back down wearing black skinny jeans and a drop dead tee.

Damn did he look good..

"I like your shirt" I complimented him trying not to stare at him.

"Oh thanks haha" he smiled brightly.

"You ready to go?" He asked grabbing his keys off counter.

"Yup lets go" I said heading out the door, Calum following me.

             ~~~~~~

We pulled into a driveway to find the garage door of the house wide open and there stood Ashton, Michael and Luke.

I smiled at the sight of them.

We got out of the car and made our way into the garage.

"Hey guys!" I greeted them excitedly.

"Hey Maddy" Ashton smiled widely.

"Here's a chair for you to sit in" Calum set it down in front of the instruments.

"Thanks" I said as I sat down.

Calum grabbed his bass and plugged it into an amp.

"which song you wanna play first?" Luke asked the other boys.

"I'm thinking out of my limit. What do you think Calum?" Michael questioned him.

"Sure.." He responded like he was nervous.

Ashton counted down from 3 and they began playing.

And Calum began to sing..

"Back in high school we use to take it slooow. Red lipstick on and high heel stilettos. Had a job down town working the servo. Had me waiting in line couldn't even let go. Cuz I never wanna be that guy that doesn't even get a taste. No more having to chase to win that prizeee"

Wow he sounded amazing..

They all began to sing

"You're just a little bit outta my limit. It's been two year now haven't even seen the best of me and in my mind now I've been over this a thousand times.. But it's almost overrr lets start overrrrr"

And then Calum sung again.

The song went on and I listened to the lyrics as they song.

It was a pretty good tune. Not gonna lie I actually liked it a lot.

When the song ended I started to clap slowly as I shook my head in amazement

"That was wow.. You guys are really  talented. Like you wrote that song and everything??"

The boys looked at me surprised by my compliment, but they all nodded.

"You really liked it??" Calum questioned.

"Hell yeah I did! You guys should book a gig somewhere. Like seriously you can't let your talent go to waste." I stated impressed by what I just heard.

"No one would want us to play." Michael sighed.

"Says who?" I questioned confused.

"Every place in town has ignored our request to play" Ashton pitched in.

"Are you kidding me?! Ok tomorrow we are going to my friends work. We will get you a gig don't worry" I reassured them.

"Now let's hear some more" I smiled at them.

They all looked at each other and laughed.

"This next one is called voodoo doll" Calum introduced the song.

Hopefully you guys liked this chapter:)

Much love xx