Chapter Forty-Six

Mia

It's been three days since I found out I was pregnant and I'm due to go for a scan tomorrow afternoon to determine how far along I actually am. 

And I still haven't told Ross...

"Mia?" 

I look up from my breakfast plate to see Ross standing in the kitchen doorway. We're all going to Stormie and Marks today. We make a plan once a month to all spend the day together as a family at Ross' parents house. The couples will all sleep in their partners old bedroom, while Mark and his sons will prepare the living room for all the kids to sleep in. It's been an ongoing tradition ever since we all started popping out kids. 

"Coming" I smile, trying to stomach the bacon and eggs I just ate. One thing I know for sure is that it's getting harder to try and hide this morning sickness. 

The kids are already in the car waiting for us to start the journey to their grandparents house. It's my favourite time seeing my children and their cousins spending time together and having fun. Watching them grow up and finding things to do together. Reminds me of when me, Ross and his siblings would spend everyday during the summer together. Camping out in their living room, spending afternoons by the pool, wondering down to the beach late at night to build a fire and roast marshmallows. Just being absolute fools together. 

Which is exactly how I want my kids to grow up. 

And they're growing up. All of them. Charlie and Max are now twelve and it feels as time has flashed by. I remember Riker announcing that Geena was pregnant and we were all so shocked. I think for all of us it meant that we were at the stage where it was time to grow up and start planning our future. We weren't foolish teenagers anymore. 

"Mia?" 

I turn to look over at Ross in the drivers seat and notice the kids aren't in the back seats anymore and we're outside of Stormie and Marks. I've been in my own little world the whole drive here and pretty sure I've ignored Ross the whole way here. 

"What's wrong?" He questions, unclipping his seat belt and placing his hand on my leg. I don't hesitate to place my own on top of his and give him a smile. I have to tell him now, I can't keep thinking of different scenarios in my head of how this is going to work out. I know he'll be thrilled, he'll be over the moon. I know he was desperate to have more children, but I never wanted to. He tried acting like he agreed with me and that's what he wanted too but I know him so much better then that. 

"Nothing" I tell him, threading our fingers together. "I have something to tell you actually" 

"What? What's happened?" He's now extremely concerned and I don't know what he always thinks it's bad news. Before I could even open my mouth the driver door opens and Rocky is stood there with a crate of beer under one one arm and his other arm slung over Lucy's shoulder. 

"Get out" He demands and Ross rolls his eyes. 

"We're talking" He states, trying to close the door again but Rocky stands in front of it. 

"You have the rest of your lives to talk" He says, earning a giggle from my best friend. "Now it's time to drink and eat, now get your butts moving" 

I squeeze my husbands hand and lean over to peck his cheek. He gives me a warm smile before we both get out of the car and walk into the house. 

After getting through all the hello's and hugs, it feels as if hours have passed already but instead the kids rush upstairs to get their bathing suits on while the boys start helping their Dad light up the barbecue. 

"Beer or soda?" Lucy asks reaching into the cool box and pulling our a beer before I can even answer. I shake my head and Lucy raises her eyebrow to me, but then shrugs and has over the can of soda. I need to tell Ross soon, because if I don't then questions will be asked. Lucy knows me almost as well as Ross does, and she'll catch on soon.