Chapter Fourteen

As soon as me and Harry walked onto the dance floor a slow, romantic song began to play. All the couples connected with each other, staring into each other's eyes as If they would never see each other again. I curse the DJ at this very moment. It's like he's doing it to be funny.

"Might as well not waste a good song" Harry shrugged. Before I got the chance to run away and hide he grabbed pulled me into his chest and placed his arms around my waist. This was so strange, I'm not used to being to someone this close who's not my husband. I put my hands on his shoulders, I didn't want to be to close but he was doing a good job of that on his own already. As we swayed to the music my eyes met Ross and Jane on the other side of the dance floor, his arms were around her waist pulling her into his chest, while her head tilted down to lean on his shoulder. I looked back up at Harry who's eyes met mine.

He leant down slowly so he could whisper in my ear "Can I just say you look beautiful"

I felt my face heat up and I tried to look away so I he couldn't see me blush. I haven't been complimented like that for so long. I can't even remember the last time someone told me I looked beautiful. I wonder if he knew that I didn't look like this everyday. That I only wear a minimal amount of make up and the usual skinning jeans and shirt. That most days I will be joined by one or all of my children, who's dance recitals or school plays I attended. That I teach the 'ABC' at least twice a day or have to sit and watch cartoons that don't even make sense to me.

"Thank you" I stuttered, why am I stuttering? What the hell is going on?

"Maybe after tonight we could go out? I want to get to know you" I raised my eyebrow at him and he still had that charming sweet smile on his face. I shook my head which caused his smile to fade and his grip to loosen from my body.

"It's not that I don't want to I....I have to be up really early tomorrow" I tried to give him a smile but he still looked crushed, why do I always do this? I always mess up everything.

"Why do you have to be up early? No one is up early the night after a wedding"

"I have to pick up my children" I answered honestly. The one thing I wasn't going to do was lie about my children. I admit I should of said it as soon as he started talking to me but I was never going to carry on pretending that I wasn't a Mom. It's who I am, and if he wants to get to know me that's the deal.

"Children?" His expression changed from sad to shocked as he stepped away from me. Here we go.

"Yes, I have three"

"Three? You don't look like you've had three kids"

"Really?" I crossed my arms over my chest and raised my eyebrow.

"I'm serious" He stepped closer to me again and I felt my pulse quicken.

"I.....um...." I was completely lost for words. If anything you would expect a good looking guy to run for hills when he finds out a female he met has three children.

"So, are you like.....still with the dad or...." I could tell this was a touchy subject for him, it was for me as well. Most people her knew about me and Ross, and most people were learning we were no longer together after seeing him with Jane today.

"No, we're not together" I tried to smile but the constant pain in my heart wouldn't go away.

"I'd like to get to know you more" He whispered pulling my closer, I decided to be brave and wrap my arms around his neck. "Maybe I can see you again?"

"I'd like that too" I whispered leaning my head on her shoulder.

*Ross's POV*

"Babe?" I looked away from Mia and that douche Harry cuddling up to each other on the other side of the room to my girlfriend pressed up against me.