Chapte Thirteen

The music began and I hardened my grip on Rocky's arm. Amber and Robin walked down first dropping white rosé petals on the red carpet below us. Charlie and Max followed behind holding the rings that would soon be on Rydel and Ellingtons forth finger. Riker and Geena walked behind their sons, probably bursting with pride watching their children. Me and Rocky were behind them, while Ross and Lucy travelled behind us. I felt his eyes burn into the back of my head, watching my every move. The church aisle was never ending. Even though I was wearing a dress for the first time in a long time it still felt like I was being seen as the Mom who had stains on her shirt and a crying baby on her hip.

Soon enough I saw my Mom in the second row with Riley on her knee and Ryder sat next to her. Rocky and me parted as I went to the front row joining Stormie, Geena and Lucy. As the the priest asked the guest to rise as Rydel was about to walk down with Mark. My mother passed Riley over to me, he smiled kicking his legs as I cuddled him into my chest. A few days before the wedding Ross took the kids for the day so I used it to go out and by a baby tux. Once I saw him dressed up in it I couldn't believe how much he looked like his father. I kissed his soft cheek lightly before turning to see Rydel walk down arm in arm with her father. She looked beautiful, I'd never seen her smile so big as her eyes were connected with Ellingtons. I was so unbelievably happy for them, they deserve to be happy together. My eyes wondered to Ross standing behind his two older brothers, in his black tux, watching his sister travel towards his best friend at the alter. It had been a long time since I saw him smile like that, his own eyes fixed onto someone else, once I followed his gaze he was staring at Jane. The way he looked at her at this moment was the way he looked at me once. She winked at him from the third row and his eyes lit up before looking back at his sister and Ell. If only she knew that her new boyfriend was kissing his ex wife the weekend before. The priest asked us to take our seats as he began the ceremony, I watched as Jane sat trying to pull her short leopard print down her thighs. I couldn't understand why he would go for someone who looked like her? Maybe in reality that's what he truly wanted in a women.

...

"Ellington Lee Ratliff, do you take Rydel Mary Lynch to be your lawful wedded wife?" The priests called out, everyone watched as Ell wouldn't take his eyes off her. He smiled before nodding his head, I chuckled slightly as the old man leaned forward and whispered in Ellington's ear and his eyes widened.

"Oh! I do! Yeah, I do" He blushed, causing everyone to laugh, typical Ellington, he will never change. But I guess that's good for Rydel, he will always be himself and that is what she loves about him.

"And do you, Rydel Mary Lynch take Ellington Lee Ratliff to be your lawful wedded husband?" He smiled at a Rydel who smiled at her simple, about to be, husband.

"I do"

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I watched them both lean closer to each other. They did it, they were finally married. The amount of times me and a Rydel would talk in her room about her crush on her band mate and best friend. And how she would tell me there would never be a chance they could get together because of R5 and their friendship. Now look at them, they've said their vows, they've made it official. They did it.

"You may now-" Before the priest could finish Ell connected his lips to his new wife. "Kiss the bride" He mumbled the last part before walking away letting the new couple enjoy their first kiss as husband and wife. The whole place filled with cheers and applause and Riley started to clap along with everyone else, I giggled because he had no idea what was going on, but like his father wanted to join in on the fun. Rydel and Ratliff walked down the aisle followed my both their parents and then the best men and bridesmaid. I kept Riley in my arms, as I walked towards Rocky, but I guess Lucy and him were in the moment of the wedding that he clasped their hands together and follow the others back to the entrance of the church. Geena and Riker had already left with Charlie and Max. There was no way I could escape on my own. Ross stood there awkwardly waiting for me to walk, Riley struggled in my arms reaching out to his Dad. Ross held his arms and I handed Riley to him. Next thing Ryder stood next to me grabbing onto my hand, I looked over at my mom who just watched us with a smile plastered on her face.