Chapter Thirty-Five

Mia's POV

"We're having...." Rydel's smile is big and I know she's just playing me and Ross and she's doing a good job since we're basically jumping around on the spot.

"Spit it out!" Ross practically yells and Ell laughs before nodding at his wife again.

"We're having a girl"

My heart swells for them both. This is exactly what they need, to tie them together for good.

"No!" Ross shouts out, making me and Rydel jump. "I lost" He cries.

I look at my husband wide eyed, wondering why the hell he's being so dramatic, until I remember the bet we made.

"Ha!" I shout out. "I won! I told you!" I jump around and Ross just pokes his tongue out to me.

It makes me understand that even though I have my doubts in him, and that it's going to take me while to build back the trust I had in him once before, there's no stopping me loving him. We will always be inseparable, and we'll always be teenagers around each other and I'll always love that.

"Pay up" I smirk, holding up my hand to him. But suddenly he grabs my hand and pulls me to his chest, our faces only inches apart. Without another word his lips touch mine and his hands move quickly down to my hips holding me closer to him. Everything melts away in an instant, and it's just me and Ross in the room. I sigh into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck and let my hands trail up into his hair.

After everything that's happened this afternoon this is exactly what I needed, I need him to hold me close to him. I can't help it but I don't think I could stay angry at this man forever. He's made mistakes and some women would never forgive their husband or boyfriend for doing some of the things me and Ross have had to go through. But I'm never going to be right without Ross, and I believe he regrets what he's done.

I pull away quickly, remembering Rydel and Ellington are stood right in front of us and Ross's eyes flash with panic. I kiss his lips lightly one more and gesture towards his sister.

"You guys finished?" Ell crosses his arms over his chest, winking at the two of us. I step away but Ross pulls me back and wraps one of arms around my waist.

"Sorry" I blush, leaning into Ross, we look up at each other and he winks down at me.

"Congratulations!" We both shout together. The couple in front of us laugh and gesture us into the living room. As I start to follow them Ross pulls be back, letting the two walk on ahead and out of sight. Suddenly I feel his lips on the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"What are you doing?" I giggle, as his arms wrap around me lifting me up slightly.

"Letting you know that I love you"

"Couldn't you just tell me that?" I turn around so we're facing each other and Ross shrugs.

"I could, but then it means I can't do this" He leans downs and kisses me again but before anything can get too far I push him away.

"You're mean" He pouts.

"I'm not kissing you when we're stood in the middle of your sisters house"

"When we get home then?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Sure, but we'll see how tired you are after the kids come home after being at your Mom's all day"

"I'm sure I'll be fine" He winks. "You just wait Mrs Lynch"

I roll my eyes and quickly run in the direction that Rydel and Ell went, before I let Ross do anything else.