Chapter Four

*Ross's POV*

That whole night I couldn't sleep. I kept running over everything Mia said to me. How my kids would grow up without any happy memorise of me and that I didn't want parenthood. I don't know what was going through her mind but I refused to let my wife be right.

And that is an extremely hard thing to do from a husbands perspective.

"Excuse me?" I stood up with my hands still in my pocket facing the beautiful blonde in front of me. I only came to the restaurant tonight because Rocky thought it was funny to set up a date between me and this girl, Daisy, who I had no interest in but she did with me. As soon as I walked in I saw the most beautiful girl, her blonde hair was pulled back into a pony tail and she wore her uniform with a cute smile. Something just drew me to her. Throughout the whole date I wasn't interest in anything this other girl had to say. All I wanted was to talk to our waitress.

Once the date was over Daisy wanted me to come back to her place but I made up a stupid excuse to leave by myself. When she walked around the corner and out of sight I sat on the bench opposite the diner waiting for this mystery girl.

She stared at me before pulling her bag closer to her.

"Oh god, no don't worry I'm-" I stumbled over my words as her eyes widened but then changed into a smile.

I laughed nervously as we stood there in silence.

"Was something wrong with the food?" She asked looking from the restaurant back to me. I shook my head quickly and she raised her eyebrow. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"This is going to sound crazy I know" I took a deep breath. "But when I was in there I couldn't help but...notice you....I had to talk to you"

She blushed and looked down. I smiled and shuffled on my feet lightly.

"Weren't you on a date though?" She asked looking up.

"Long story...It wasn't exactly a date, she thought it was but I'm not that into her" I laughed slightly and she frowned at me.

"So you were using her?" She stepped back slightly and looked passed me. Obviously trying to find an escape route.

"No! My brother set me and her up but he just did it for a joke and I didn't exactly like her and....I should really stop talking now"

"I think I understand..." She said slowly. "But I've worked for twelve hours today so I'm going home" She said politely and walked past me.

"Wait!" I ran up to her. "At least let me walk you home?"

"I don't even know you?"

"Then get to know me while I walk you home" I smiled and held out my hand. "I'm Ross"

She looked from my hand to my eyes and back again. She slowly grabbed my hand and a smile spread across my face.

"Mia"

I walked into mine and Mia's room and saw her lying there in bed. I still struggle falling asleep at night without her. After so many years sharing a bed it gets difficult being on your own. Mia was sprawled out across her side of the bed, laying on her stomach. My side was still neat and untouched. I sighed and then Mia snored slightly. I smirked and shut the door quietly.

I wondered down the hall and into the nursery, as I walked in Ryder was stood up in his crib and Riley was playing with his feet in his crib. I smiled down at my two sons, I still couldn't believe they were mine, that me and Mia made them. If someone told me back when I was sixteen that I would marry my childhood sweetheart and have three children with her, I would of called them crazy.