Chapter Thirty

Mia's POV

"Are you coming?" Ell asks, climbing out of the pool.

"No, I'm going to float for a while" I say, he nods and walks back into the house.

Rydel was busy with the children so I thought I would use my time wisely and just float. I haven't heard from Ross all day and I'm dreading the thought of returning home tonight because he will just ignore me. He'll ignore me because I refuse to give him what he wants. He wants another baby and I don't. That's one thing we will always disagree on. I've already given him three beautiful babies and I can't handle anymore. I want to see my children grow up and walk to school together in the morning, I want to be there when they take part in sport events and the school plays. I want to be able to go back to work one day, I want to have a career. I can't do that if we have more children.

Three is enough.

"Mia?"

I look up to see Ross stood at the edge of the pool in his work suit looking down at me. I stand up, the water just sitting above my chest. I gesture Ross into the water and without a word he strips off to his boxers and jumps in.

"Hey" He says, swimming up to me, our faces inches apart from each other. The sun makes the droplets of water stand out on his face. I reach out and wipe them away from his cheek.

"I'm sorry" He whispers, his lips inches away from mine.

"Me too" I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist so we are floating together.

"I don't want to change anything, I love how we are now" Ross says and a part of me knows he is just saying that so we don't go back to the place we used to be. When we would ignore each others presence and never speak. I don't want that to happen ever again.

"I love you" I wipe his damp hair away from his eyes and he smiles up at me. "But you need to talk to your sister" I say, I know Rydel wants to wait to tell everyone but if she doesn't tell Ross the news now then there's a risk we will go down hill again if we're not open with each other anymore.

"Why?"

"She has something to tell you" I say. "But before we go back lets just relax for a moment"

"I like the sound of that" He smiles and moves us both to the edge of the pool so my back is against the tiles. Ross leans into me and kisses me lightly.

"Why aren't you at work?" I raise my eyebrow and Ross frowns.

"I wanted to come and see you" He pouts, and all I can see is Ryder. "And I'm glad I did as well" His eyes travel to my blue bikini and I swat his arm.

"What? How can you blame me?" His hand travels from my shoulder, down my arm and placing it on my hip under the water, giving it a firm squeeze.

"Stop" I giggle, looking over at the back door hoping Rydel or Ellington weren't stood there watching. Luckily for me they weren't.

Ross leans forward and plants his lips on mine. I sigh into the kiss and place my hands on his cheeks. His grip on me tights and he pushes me futher against the wall, bringing our bodies closer together.

"Ross Lynch get a hold of yourself" I smile against his lips and he pulls away and winks. Nothing has changed about Ross, he still has the same face, same messy blonde hair, same body. I think this man is going to stay young forever in my eyes.

"Sorry babe"

"Shall we go in?" I asks and Ross pouts. I kiss him again but before he can get his grip on me again I slip away from his arms and to the pool ladder.