Chapter Forty-Eight

Mia

"Right Mrs Lynch, you are officially nine weeks pregnant" The doctor announces happily to me, wiping the jelly off my stomach. I turn straight to Ross and watch his eyes light up as he see's the tiny blob in the middle of the screen.

We've done this three times already but every time we do this it's like it's the first time all over again and the excitement just takes over us.

"Congratulations to you both" He says and we both thank him. "Baby number one or two?"

I stand up and place myself next to Ross and we both look at each other and laugh, which earns a confused look from the doctor.

"Number four" I smile and Ross wraps his arms around my shoulder.

"Oh! Well you two won't have a problem then! You're experts" He jokes and we thank him again before leaving.

"Where to now?" Ross asks, turning the engine on.

"Well we've both got the whole day off"

"What are you thinking?" He seems excited and now exactly what he's thinking, I've been with this man too long.

"Well if we have the whole day to ourselves then we should head home" He winks at me and I can't help but laugh.

"I was thinking more like let's go out for lunch?" And his smile fades and he tries to laugh it off.

"Where too?" He begins to drive out of the parking lot and I can't help but pat his leg.

"Thought you were getting lucky hey?"

"No!" He's such a bad liar.

"You're getting nothing for the next thirty-one weeks" I joke and his eyes widen. "Joking...maybe"

"Maybe?" He gasps, "You can't leave me for that long."

"Yes I can" I laugh, "I'm your darling pregnant wife, you're the one who's going to be feeding me and giving me foot rubs when I demand it"

"Of course I would" He takes my hand and kisses it lightly. "I'd do anything for you"

"I know" I smile.

"So are we going to 'In n Out'?"

"Yes!" I cheer.

...

"I'm more nervous to tell the kids then the family" Ross laughs, pulling into the driveway.

"I think they'll be excited" I smile, something has come over me in the past few days and I'm so excited to start this new chapter. "Ryder will be happy, he was too young to understand about Riley coming along"

"What about Robin?"

"I think she'll be okay, she's a good girl"

"Is that Rydel?" Ross opens the door of our car and looks over to our front porch. I step out of the car and see my sister-in-law sat outside our house with her knee's too our chest. I look at the watch on my wrist and tap Ross' arms.

"Do you mind collecting the kids from school on your own?" I ask him and he looks from Rydel to me and back again. He knows something is wrong and he's always been protective over his sister.

"I'll make sure she's here when you get back" I promise him and he gives me a nod before leaning down and kissing me softly.

I wave my husband goodbye and then turn around and walk towards Rydel who is still sat on my porch with a sad look on her face.

"Fancy seeing you here" I joke, sitting down next to her and she gives me a small smile. "What's wrong?"

I'm not going to sugarcoat it, I've known Rydel for too many years to slowly step around her to try and find out why she is sad. There is something wrong and she wouldn't be sat on my porch if there wasn't.