Chapter Thirty-Seven

Ross's POV

"Can we go now?" Mia stands by the door holding her car keys. We got back from the hospital about midnight last night, we couldn't see Rydel and El's baby so we're going back tonight to see them all. By the time me and Mia got home we literally asleep before we even got into bed so by the time we woke up I thought we could spend the morning together. But I just wanted to give Riker some more time handling five children, would give him a chance to see how Mom and Dad coped at one point but Mia was up and dressed before I could even blink, telling me I had five minutes to be ready before she leaves without me.

This is the longest she's been away from them all since Riley was born, she can't cope much longer away from them.

"Yes" I smile, leaning down to kiss my wife but instead she dodges my gesture and practically runs out the door to the car.

"I think I should drive" I call out and she stops as she's about to open the drivers door.

"What?"

"I think I'll drive today, because if you're behind the wheel, we're going to get pulled over by a cop car" I make my way towards her and she stands there thinking for a second before handing the keys to me.

"Sounds good" She nods before walking over to the passenger side. We both climb into the car and I back out the driveway. We sit in silence until we get out of our street and start making it down the main road.

"Do you think they were okay last night?" Mia asks, picking at her fingernails, a bad habit she's kept since the day I met her.

"Yes" I reply simply, if I get her thinking more and more about the situation, she'll go mad.

"How do you think Robin slept? Do you think Ryder ate his dinner? What about Riley, do you think-"

"Mia" I stop her and she looks towards me, I don't take my eyes off the road but I pace my hand on her thigh and give it a light squeeze.

"They are fine, they probably enjoyed spending the evening with Charlie and Max. Riker and Geena would have made sure they were okay and you know they would of called if there were any problems"

She sighs and leans back in the passenger seat. I quickly move my hand to turn on the stereo but put it straight back to her thigh. Suddenly the sound of R5's first album started to blast through the speakers. I haven't heard our music in so long, it made me realise that we were in Mia's car and not mine.

"Why is this on?" I ask, turning onto Riker's street.

"It's always on" She giggles. "We listen to it everyday"

"Who?"

"Me and the kids"

"Really?" I pull onto Riker's driveway and shut off the engine which ends the sound of 'Forget About You'.

"Yes, they love it, this album is their favourite, they sing along to it every morning we take Robin to school" Visions of our children singing along to the songs me and my band wrote together back when we were young and living the dream, makes me happy to think that my music still influences people, makes me even happier to know those people are my children.

"Shall we go and get our kids?" Mia was basically bouncing on the spot and before she could open the door I quickly pressed the lock button.

"What are you doing?" Her eyes are wide and she starts to pout.

"You've deprived me of a kiss all morning" I smirk. "You're not leaving this car until I get a kiss from my wife, we made vows, I deserve a kiss"

She surprises me but quickly leaving the passenger seat and climbing over to straddle my hips, she wraps her arms around my neck and attach's her lips to mine. I let my hands trail from her waist to her hips, giving them a squeeze, making her smile into the kiss. Our lips move together, making me feel eighteen again, remembering the times we used to make out in my Mom's Prius. She pulls away slowly, biting my lip, making it snap back.