Chapter Thirty-Nine

Mia's POV

It's the day after my Mother funeral. That day was the hardest day of my life, having to say goodbye to her for the last time will never leave my mind. No one can prepare you for the day where you have to say goodbye to someone you love more then ever.

Ross stood by my side the whole day, never letting my hand go. He whispered to me that he loves me and he's never going to leave my side. His words calmed me and I got through the day without breaking down.

I took the advice and the instructions my Mom wrote to me in her last letter. As soon as I read her last 'I love you', I was out of bed and downstairs with my children in my arms. Thinking of it now I don't think I could've spent another day away from my babies.

"Baby do you want anything?" Ross walks into the living room with Ryder in his arms. He's taken another few days off work so he can spend the day at home with me and the kids.

"No, thanks" I lean my cheek on the top on Riley's head. He yawns in my arms and his eyes flutter close. There's been so many people in and out of the house these past couple of days. Making sure me and Ross are coping, so Riley has either been having short naps or none.

"Do you want to pick Robin up from school?" He sits opposite me and sits Ryder on the floor. My little boy crawls over to the tv and sits in front of it, while an episode of Austin & Ally plays.

"I will" I smile. I don't want me being distant affecting my children, so I'm trying to be there as much as possible.

We left them with Riker and Geena yesterday. They couldn't make it to the funeral since they had no one to take care of the twins. I didn't want my kids being exposed to pain and death yet, they are too young. I do not want their last memorise of their Gran to be lowered into a grave.

"You okay?" My husband asks for the sixth time this morning. He's been so concerned and I can't blame him. I've made it so hard on him and that's one thing I didn't want to do.

"Yes" I smile softly, making his eyes light up. I kiss my baby's head lightly as he sleeps soundly on my chest. Suddenly Ross's phone starts ringing on the table in front of us. He reaches over to pick up but frowns at at the screen.

"Who is it?" He stands up and walks towards the kitchen.

"Just work" He calls out before closing the door.

Ross's POV

"Hello?"

This is the third time work has called me today. The first two times I just ignored the call, my main priority is Mia and work doesn't concern me right now. But I can't keep avoiding them.

"Ross, are you serious right now?" I roll my eyes at the sound of John, the head of Hollywood Records, he only ever contacts me if something is seriously wrong or I've done something seriously wrong.

"Hey John" I sigh, running my hand through my hair.

"Hey John?" He laughs. "Hey John?! Are you fucking kidding me!"

"Look I know what you're going to say and-"

"Really Ross? So you know I'm going to tell you we've missed out on two of the biggest deals in the last three years!!"

Shit...

I knew we were looking into signing on two new artist but I didn't think they'd walk.

"We needed you there but you've been too busy at home!!" He shouts down the line.

"Look you know there's been trouble-"

"No Ross, I don't know and I don't give a shit" He growls. "All I give a shit about is signing artist who are going to sell albums and sell out arenas"