Chapter Fifteen

"Have you thought about what I said last night?" Jane's voice broke the silence that had been going on since we woke up this morning. I finished packing our things into the bag and stocking up on the hotel shampoo's, soap, water and coffee. It's the usual routine when I leave a hotel.

After last night I don't know what to do anymore. Do I want to stay with Jane and start a new life with her, to get a second chance to not make the mistakes I did with Mia. To be happy again. Or do I still love Mia? She's the one person who knows me better then anyone in this world. She's been there through the good times and some of the worst moments of my life. But Jane can also be that person in my life too. I was with Mia since I was sixteen, we were together for eight years. You learn a lot about someone after eight years. But I can be with Jane for eight years and more and know everything about her. I can't just throw her away because I've only been with her a couple of months. I need to give it time.

But the more time I wait, the more Mia slips away from me.

"You can't keep avoiding what I'm trying to say Ross" She growled, slipping on her flat shoes.

"I'm not avoiding anything"

"Yes you are" She raised her voice, I rolled my eyes I was not in the mood to argue. "You left her Ross, that says a lot about you"

"What's thats supposed to mean?" I snapped.

"You left her, you left your wife. If you truely loved her, as much as you say you did, then you wouldn't of left." Her voice become quieter and I could tell this was a touchy subject for her. Even though I've thought about all the things I don't know about Jane, I know a few things about her. Like her Dad left her and her Mom when she was ten years old. They used to do everything together and one day he left for work and never come home. After that she told me her Mom stopped talking to her and become depressed. Jane had to learn to take care of herself from that day on and I know she doesn't want my kids to go through that. They need to understand the situation now and I need to be there for them, whether I'm with their Mom or not.

"I know" I sighed. I walked over to my girlfriend and she wrapped her arms around my torso. I pulled myself closer to my chest bringing my own arms around her shoulders and resting my chin on her blonde hair.

"If you're not going to divorce her, then I can't be with you" She chocked out. "I will not be with a guy who is still married but cannot chose what he wants to do with his life"

"I know" I breahted. "I know"

*Mia's POV*

"Mommy!"

As soon as I walked through my Mom's front door Robin came running at me barging into my legs. I picked her up and covered her face in kisses.

"Where are your brothers?" I asked placing her down on the ground. She ran back into the living where my Mom sat watching Riley and Ryder play with the mountain of toys that she insists on keeping. Ryder stood up and ran towards me just like his sister and hugged my legs. He smiled up at me showing his four baby teeth before running back and playing with his Toy Story figerenes. I walked over and picked up Riley cuddling him into my chest.

"How was last night?" My Mom asked walking back from the kitchen with two mugs of coffee. Exactly what I needed after my sleepless night.

"It was good" I didn't want to explain all the drama of the night before. I wanted to forget it. Ross has Jane and that's the way it has to be. He can't just kiss me and then tell me to forget everything that is going on. In reality he will always go back to Jane. So I need to make sure he is always with her.

"So Riley's birthday is coming up, have you planned anything?"

"No, I think we'll just have a small party with family" I can't believe Riley is turning one. In the last year everything has changed so much. Ross has moved out, he's found a new girlfriend, Robin has started school and Ryder can walk. Sometimes I forgot how much has gone, I kind of wonder how I'm still standing or even thinking straight after everything. Riley started gurgling in my arms, while kicking his legs. I don't want him to grow up, he's my last baby and once he grows up that's it, no more babies.