Chapter Seven

*Mia's POV*

I carried on sorting through the monthly bills. I had got through the electricity and the gas and next was the credit card bills. I sorted through the shared account between me and Ross first and looked through what money had been spent on during the week, which was mainly for food and essentials for the kids. It had been a long time since I splurged out on myself, a haircut on a manicure. I've been too busy.

Next was Ross's bill, he has his own account for work but leaves me to sort through it every month. As I looked through the pages I spotted a few odd things.

Hotels?

Champagne?

For a moment I wanted to believe his card had been stolen, that some low life had taken his card and splashed out on the money he earns. But I knew that was to good to be true when I saw the dates when the credit card was used.

...

Ross walked through the door at 6:00pm. The earliest he's arrived home in months. I just finished washing the dishes from dinner and was preparing to bath the kids. Which was a military operation when you're alone. Ryder was playing on the floor while Robin watched an old episode of Austin & Ally. The smile on her face when her Dad would show up on the screen just made my heart melt every time. These are the times I wish he was here to see it.

"Hey" He smiled lightly as he removed his jacket and unbuttoned his shirt slightly. It feels wrong that I am still attracted to him when he doesn't want me at all.

"Hi" I whispered as he sat down next to Robin and fixed his eyes on the screen. He smiled and set his daughter on his lap while they watched the television. I took this as an opportunity to bath then kids one by one. After bathing Riley I dressed him in a soft white baby grow. I walked down and Ross held his hands out towards him. I placed his son in his arms and Riley had his head resting on Ross's chest as he was rocked back and forth.

By 7:30pm I bathed all three children and put Ryder down for the night and Robin was already asleep. I made my way back downstairs and Ross was still watching tv with a sleeping baby on his chest.

"Ross?" He looked up at me and I knew this was the time to bring up the credit card, I was just trying to tell myself that it wouldn't be the worst case scenario and I was believing myself too.

"Where were you last Saturday night?" I asked calmly. I didn't want him to suspect I knew anything, for some reason I wanted him to lie to my face just so I had something on him.

"At work" He replied. Why was being so casual about this? "Why?"

"Why was your card used at a hotel? Last week and the week before and the week before that?" I tried to keep calm and natural with my voice but it went into more of a whisper. As soon as I said those words Ross's face went pale. He kept is eyes fixed on the screen but there was worry in his expression.

"How do you know-"

"If you haven't forgotten already I have been sorting through our bills for the last four years" I was becoming more confident knowing that I had something on him now, and the fact he tried to lie to me just made my blood boil.

"Why were you at a hotel? And why were you ordering champagne?"

He still didn't look at me. He just looked down at our son who slept soundly in his arms. I kept trying to block the truth from this situation. I was hoping to wake up from this nightmare and see my husband lying next to me in bed, with his crazy bed head and soft snores.

"Mia, if we're going to talk about this, can we do it tomorrow? Just me and you"

My heart broke at that moment, I now know he's been hiding something and it's nothing good.

"No, we'll discuss this now" I said sternly. "Tell me the truth Ross"

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I watched as he tapped his knee, a sign he was nervous.

"Ross-"

"Ok! Ok!" He snapped and then looked at me straight in the eye.

"I've....I've been seeing someone"