Chapter Twenty-Four

Mia's POV

"Guessing being with Lucy and Rocky has tired them out?" I whisper gentally putting Riley down into his crib.

"Good thing for us"

"Why?" I know he has something up his sleeve, food is the best probable answer.

"We're ordering take out and watching a movie, just the two of us" I was half right.

Ross wrapped my arms around my wasit, leaning his chin on my shoulder. Riley had one arm over his stomach while the other rested at his side.

"He sleeps like you" I lean in Ross, keeping my eyes on our son.

"He does?"

"Yeah, they are all like you" I smile.

"And you" He breathes against my neck. "They have you in them as well remember, we made them togehter, they're apart of me and you. Not just me"

I smile and kiss Riley's soft hair, then Ryders one last time before pushing Ross out of the room and slowly shutting the door behind me. The kids were basically falling asleep when they were eating their dinner so I knew they would sleep the whole night. We all spent the day in the pool together and I could tell the kids were happier when their Dad was around.

As the door clicked shut Ross pushed me against the wall and pressed his body against mine. As I went to gasp his mouth covered mine and consumed me with his kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, threading my fingers through his hair bringing him closer to me.

"I've missed this" He mumbled against my lips before slowly pulling away. "I've missed you"

"I've missed you too" I lean my forehead against his. "Now I will put Robin to bed and you order the take out"

"Yes mam" He smirks kissing me lightly.

"If you call me mam I will have to hit you"

"Sorry babe" He winks.

...

"You remembered" I smile eating another noodle. We were settled on the couch watching one of the old Harry Potter films with a chinease.

"Remembered what?" I lift my plate of noodles up and he smiles. "Of course I remember, that's all you will eat from this place"

"Yeah, yeah" I tease.

Once we finish eating Ross doesn't hisitate to lay his head down on my lap while we watch the rest of the movie. It feels as if nothing has changed, it feels as if the last eight months hasn't happened and we have been together all this time.

"Do you remember when we bought this house?"

"Don't remind me"

"We'd been looking all day and almost gave up" I pushed my small fingers through his hair, looking down at the man I fell in love with back when I was sixteen.

"And then we took the wrong turn and we found this place"

"Then we knew, this was the house for us"

"Actually I knew, you refused to go in" He laughed and I smiled at the memory of him trying to get me out of the car that cold day.

"My feet were killing me, and we had a wedding to plan"

"I know, that's why you decided to walk around in just your socks and as soon as we looked around you knew exactly where you wanted the furniture to go"

"Yeah" I sighed. "It was perfect for us, that's when my Mom brought up the discussion of children and you ran away"

Ross turned over so the back of his head was resting against my thighs. "I did not run away" He scoffed.

"Yes you did. As soon as you heard the word baby you were out of the room"

"I was twenty one, the thought of tiny crying humans who puked and poop all the time did scare me. I still thought about touring and being reckless"

"Did you still think like that when I found out I was pregnant?" I needed Ross to be honest with me now more then ever, I need to know how he felt about everything. Our marriage, the kids, I needed to know why he left in the first place, I need to know what to fix so it doesn't happen again. I can't go through that pain again.

"What?" He looked confused. "Why are you asking this?"

"I want to know...I'm interested"

"At first the shock of finding out we were going to be parents just made me forget why I was scared. But then when you started to show it wasn't the crying or the puking I was scared about, it was would I be a good enough father for this baby?" He sighed and I looked at him begging him to carry on. He understood and nodded his head. "When you placed my hand on your belly and I felt Robin kick I was happy, so happy but it also made me realise that this was real. It was real and soon there would be a baby in this house, depending on me and you. That's why I went a bit mad on the baby proofing"

I remember standing in the living room watching Ross run around making sure every corner was covered and sharp object out of reach. I remember telling him he didn't have to worry about it all until the baby would be able to move around on it's own but he was insisting.

"I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do a good job. I thought about if she would cry and what if I couldn't get her to stop, or she got into trouble and I wouldn't be there to save her"

"That was normal" I smile.

"I know that now, but then I was twenty two and about to become a father. I was responsible for someone else and I still felt like I hadn't grown up"

My heart sank in my chest. I never really asked Ross how he felt about becoming a Dad. Robin was thrown upon us. We didn't plan to have a baby only months after getting married. We never even talked about how long we would wait for children. And I regret taking away his youth away from him.

"But that doesn't mean it wasn't the best thing that ever happened to me" He says, obviously noticing my change in mood. I smiled and leaned down so my face was near his.

"Same" I kissed his lips lightly.

"Shall we have another one?" He raised his eyebrow and I glared at him. "Kidding" He laughed.

"We are not having anymore kids"

"You never know" He shrugs, sitting up and pulling me onto his lap.

"Yes I do know. I am not going through child birth again" I sigh. "Anyway we have three kids under the age of five. We have our babies, no more Mr Lynch"

"Okay Mrs Lynch" He smiles and kisses my cheek. My stomach flutters when he calls me that.

"I still count as Mrs Lynch then?"

"You'll always be Mrs Lynch"

For the rest of the night we just sat together, enjoying just being so close again. No talking, no kissing, just being together.

❤️❤️❤️