Chapter Fifty

Mia

"You owe me" Lucy says carrying a sniffling Ben through the house.

"I'm sorry" I smile, earning an eye roll from by best friend but I know she's fine. She stresses too easily as she did when she was a teenager.

"Yeah, yeah!" She calls out as she hands Ben to Rocky. She leans up and plants a kiss on his cheek and he reciprocates by kissing her forehead. They both look tired and I'm pretty sure Ben is going through a non-sleeping phase at the moment so they've been up all hours with him. 

"You're here!" Stormie cheers and she encases me in a huge hug. I hug her back and she makes her way over to Ross, kissing his cheek repeatedly. I've never known a women to have so much love for so many people. "Dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes so everyone sit your butt down"

"Moms already fed the kids so they're going into the living room to watch a movie" Ryland informs me, putting his arm around my shoulder. Once upon a time he was shorter then me but now he towers over me. He's the only one of the siblings who hasn't settled down yet, he decided he wanted to see the world again on his own. "Just the adults sitting down"

"So you'll be going to watch the movie too then?" Riker smiles and runs away. Quick as a flash Ryland leaves my side after his older brother. I shake my head and giggle as I know they'll never grow up properly. Being in the home where they had all of their fun together must make them feel younger as well.

Suddenly I'm pulled away from the ruckus of my big family and pulled into the pantry. Rydel stands in front of me with a nervous smile on her face.

"Del? What's the matter?"

"Are you announcing today?" She asks. I forgot that she needs to announce some news as well.

"Yes. Are you?"

"I still haven't told Ellington"

"You haven't?"

"No, I went to the doctor this morning and they confirmed I'm six weeks. I've been so busy today that I haven't been able to go home and tell him. He was here before me and I haven't been able to pull him away from the others"

"Well only Ross knows about our news. I have a feeling we won't be able to tell the kids until after dinner as they've all be rounded up in front of the TV"

"How do you feel about doing it together?" She smiles sweetly, "When I went out today I thought about how we could do it"

Rydel passes me a small gift bag and I pull out a tiny baby grow. I smile down at the smile material in my hands and a flutter of excitement runs through me. I can't wait to start dressing a tiny baby again, talking down to them while watching their big wondering eyes look around the room. I turn over the baby grow and read the printed letters on the front.

'Baby Lynch'

"I've got one for myself too" Rydel says while holding up another with "Baby Ratliff" on the front. "It's Mom and Dads wedding anniversary soon, so I thought we could give them an early gift" I can't help but wrap my arms around my best friend. I remember the first day I met Rydel and I was nervous because I wanted to be able to get along with her. She's Ross' only sister and he has always been so protective over her. But from day one we clicked and after all these years we can still laugh together until our stomachs hurt.

I remember going on tour with R5 and even though I was so happy to be seeing the world with my boyfriend I was also extremely lucky to be able to spend it with one of my best friends. We would explore and shop together and before each show I would help Rydel with her make-up and hair before standing at the side of the stage cheering them on.

"Okay, I'm nervous now!" I admit.

"Dinner" Stormie shouts and we both sneak out of the pantry to take our seats at the table. As I sit down Ross leans over to ask me how we're doing this and I let him know it's all in hand. He gives me a confused look at first but shrugs it off. This is our forth time announcing another member of our large family. We know whats about to come.

"Mom before we start" Rydel smiles, "We wanted to give you guys an early anniversary present"

The boys give their sister a surprised look. More so because they have no idea what she's doing and they've just remembered their parents anniversary is coming up.

Thank goodness for their wives!

I stand up with my sister-in-law and place my gift bag in front of Mark as she places the other one in front of Stormie. I sit back down next to Ross and take his hand in mine, giving it a gentle squeeze. His parents reach into their bags and pull out the baby grows. Stormies eyes widen and she turns over the material reading the writing before starting to scream. Running over to Rydel encasing her in a hug. Mark starts laughing and stands up walking over to me and Ross, wrapping his arms around us both.

"Stormie" Mark tries to interrupts his wife's screaming while she hugs her daughter. "Stormie!"

She pulls away from Rydel with tears down her cheeks and looks over to Mark who's holding his baby grow above mine and Ross' heads. Her eyes scan the words and she begins screaming again, running over to me and Ross. 

"Please don't play tricks on me!" She smiles, hugging me tightly. "Is it true? Is it really true?"

"Yes" I laugh. "Promise you"

"I'm so happy!" She cheers. I look over and Ellington is still sat down looking up his wife with his mouth open. "More grand babies!"

Suddenly everyone is up from their chairs hugging me and Ross while congratulating us. I look over and Rydel is knelt down next to Ell, smiling at him while she obviously explains the shocking news to him. He looks at her with wide eyes and for a moment I can't decide if he's going to laugh or cry but instead he just takes her head in his hands and kisses her without warning. I smile at his affection.

"So are you sure this is the last one?" Riker jokes as he ruffles my hair.

"Yes" I swat his hand away and Ross gives me a look when I say it. "And I really mean it this time!"

"Never say never" Ross says, taking me in his arms. I straighten up the collar and then brush away the loose strands of hair away from his eyes.

"Never" I smile, kissing his lips lightly. "This is our last baby Mr Lynch, I mean it."

"Deal" He whispers, "But I hope this means our alone time doesn't stop"

"I'm not planning on it" I tease and watch his eyes light up.

"A toast" Mark lifts his glass up and we copy his actions. "To the two new additions we'll be welcoming and to family. Where would we be without it!"

"To family!" We all cheer.

A/N - I hope you enjoyed the new chapter. I have unpublished the lots of chapters that I uploaded as I've decided I want this book to go in a different direction. So you might want to go back a couple of chapters to refresh your memory of the story. I've written a lot of chapters now so I will be uploading regularly. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me what you think!! Thank you! :) x