Chapter Fifty-Two

Mia

"How did the kids take it?" Lucy asks when I sit down next to her on the couch. I wanted to spend the rest of my morning with Ross and the kids in bed but with all of the family waiting for us downstairs it wasn't that easy to disappear for the rest of the day. 

"They're excited but I'm sure that will wear off soon. Especially the boys, they don't understand."

"Robin though?"

"She just wants a sister" I laugh, "So help us all if it's a boy!" 

"She'll love it if she's the only girl" She tells me, "She'll be a mini Rydel" 

I look over to my sister-in-law standing next to the dining room table with her daughter placed on her hip while she talks to Stormie. I was an only child so I couldn't imagine being surrounded by siblings all the time, let alone have four brothers. But when I see how happy she is it makes me happy to know my kids will always have someone to turn to, that they'll never be alone at all in their lifetime. They'll always have me and Ross, their siblings, grandparents and aunt and uncles. I love my children all equally, I can't explain how much I love them but a part of me is worried how Robin would take it if I had a girl. She'll always be my baby girl and I think she enjoys knowing she's the only girl too. Our bond is so strong and I don't want her to think it will be broken because of that. 

"I had an idea" Lucy snaps me out of my thoughts and she leans closer to me, looking around in case anyone is listening in. "Me and Geena had an idea to surprise the boys"  

"A surprise?" 

"Yes. So we want all of us to go away, as one big family." 

"Hope you can find a big enough house" I laugh, earning a mischievous smile from my best friend. "Wait what have you done?"

"When I had an idea what I really meant was that I've already booked the trip and it's more of a hotel then a house." She gives me a big smile and I'm lost for words. 

"What?" I barely get out. "You did what?" 

"It was a last minute decision" She shrugs. 

"When did you book it?"

"Three weeks ago"

"Thats not last minute!" I laugh, "When did you book it for?" 

"Next week..." 

"Lucy!" I gasp, "What about everyone who works?"

"All sorted!" She gleams, "Geena has spoken with Rikers company and they're happy to give him a week off work since he's not taken any holiday in the last year. Ellington is in and out of music jobs at the moment so he doesn't have anything permanent going on, I got the low down from Rydel so I could book at the right time and I've already called Rocky's manager to explain he has family business to attend to so he'll be unavailable for a week. All is in hand" 

"So all you girls knew apart from me?" I say, knowing they've been planning this trip between them without me makes me wonder if I've not been spending enough time with them. 

"Yes, but you've been busy with the kids and Ross. I wanted it to be a surprise for you too. You need a break Mia."

She's not wrong there. Having Ross around more has been so much better though. Since quitting hollywood records he's been so happy. Luckily for us we've saved our money over the years so we've been able to be financially stable without a worry but I know soon he'll have to start working again. The money won't last forever. 

"So where are we going?" 

"You're going to freak!" Lucy claps, "Hawaii!" 

"No!" I gasp, "How on earth did book something for...nineteen of us?!" I forget how many of us are really here.