Surprise! A Confession

Tachibana Makoto X Male!Reader (Lemon)

(Makoto P.O.V)

I lay face up, allowing the water to be the only thing to choose my fate of floating or drowning. My heart in turmoil as I tried to convince myself to confess to (Y/n), the most beautiful man ever. I highly doubt his reaction is going to be good, he's probably going to think I'm disgusting....

"Makoto?" I heard Haru's concerned voice call for me, I ignored him which followed with a splash signalling to me that Haru entered into the pool. "Makoto?" he questioned again, concerned coating his words, as we met eyes "Did you confess?"

Haru knows that I have had a crush on (Y/n) very since I fell for him.

"Not yet, I was so close in telling him today but.... I chickened out...." I stood up in the pool, my heart heavy.

"I think his response will surprise you." Haru said hopefully, he motioned for us to swim together for a little while which we haven't done in a while.

Haru listened to my insecurities after we swam. He stared at me as I passionately explained my emotions.

"Are you guys still swimming?" (Y/n)'s voice pierced the air "Could you wrap it up?"

(Y/n), the student council president as well as our classes vice president, stood holding in his hands a light pink clipboard with funny stickers plastered all over it. His (hair length) (hair color) hair beautifully accented his big (eye color) eyes that were not afraid to show emotion. He wore a simple school uniform with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

"Y-Ya..." I stuttered out

"Thank you!" He bowed as he left us

I knew Haru was staring at me but I refused to look at him at this moment, all I did was stare at the door in which (Y/n) left out of.

"I'm going to head home, you should too." Haru stood and grabbed his clothes that were strung all around the pool and he went into the locker room to change, leaving me to my own well being.

I stared at the water for a few seconds before I dove back into the comforting liquid. I dipped underwater, holding myself underneath and calmly swimming as if I were dancing with the water that engulfed me in a calming hug.

I slowly breached the water, the water dripping down my face as I slowly stood. I looked at my surroundings and my breath was taken away from me the instant I saw him.

At the edge of the pool, staring at the water in admiration and squatting as he reached for the water seemingly afraid as if he were worried it would bite back, sat a calm and smiling (Y/n). The pool water reflected it's dancing number in his calm face.

"O-Oh!" he said in surprise as he met eyes with me "Sorry Tachibana-kun, I thought you guys had left..." he seemed caught off guard and slightly embarrassed

"I just needed another dip." I walked towards him "I'll head out...."

"You can keep swimming, I'll talk to the teachers." he stood

"No it's fine," I began as I reached for the latter to get out

"It's really no problem." he bowed and left

I was going to get out and confess.... I was going to hold you even though I'm soaking wet....

"Tachibana-kun, they said it was fine" he came back in a jiffy

"Really?"

"Yep, their only condition was that I stayed with you just in case." he smiled as he sat down on a bench, his school bag dropped to behind him and he took out some school books as he did homework "Don't mind me, I just have some homework I have to do." he smiled and began working.