Oblivious is My Middle Name [AU] (Lemon)

Jean Kirstein X Uke! Male! Reader

Requested by xxdark_Kamuixx

Art by Launtisu on deviantart.

----------

There is a wall-- a single wall-- that you can not cross, you can stand on it and look over the marshes gazing at the beauty of the town next to you, but you can not cross it. The wall is 300 some odd feet tall and no matter how far you go east or west there is no end to the wall.

Jean Kirstein sat at the top of the wall, his curiosity getting the better of him. Him and his best friend, Marco, used to come up to the top and discuss how the people on the other side lived.

He let out a long sigh, his boredom getting the best of him. He escaped everything he hated by coming up here, this was the safe zone.

"Someone else is up here!" a new voice infiltrated Jean's ears, he looked around confused and his eyes met with no one but the wall around him. That was until someone came up from the other side of the wall.

"You--" Jean's face brightened "Your from the other side!" he called excited as the kid stood on top the wall so proud of himself.

The kids attire looked as if he were royalty, his attire satin and flashy colors.

"What's your name?" the kid asked as he sat down and stared right at Jean with emotional (eye color) eyes.

"I-I'm Jean, Jean Kirstein" Jean said happily.

"That's such a cool name! My name is (Y/n), I'm the next prince of this is side of the wall."

~

Jean was shocked, this kid was so easy to talk to even though he was a prince. Jean and (y/n) sat up there and talked forever, about nothing but nonsense. When the sun began to fall Jean's mother called for him in a worry, he'd normally be home by now. Jean had to dismiss himself, but not without a promise of meeting there the day after.

Every day, year after year, Jean and (Y/n) met up on top the wall. They found it calming that they each wanted to escape their own lives, but it's not like they could switch places neither wanted to condemn the other to his life.

They met at the ripe age of 10 and through the years they each had molded into a 19 year old man. They each got to witness the other growing and maturing (more or less).

"You can't go up there today" (Y/n)'s father told him "you have a duty to your people, you need to guide them and cherish them."

"They aren't my people yet...." (Y/n) replied staring at the wall

"When they are--"

"When they are I'm taking down that wall!" (Y/n) said as he looked to his father for the first time in this whole conversation.

There was an awkward silence with him and his father.

"Get your head out of the clouds, (Y/n)!" his father yelled at him "Now let's go, we have an important meeting today."

(Y/n) looked at the wall, he could see Jean's figure waiting for him. But he had to do what his father wished. He turned around to his father and seldomly followed him.

--

Jean stood at the top of the wall. Today is the day that he decided to tell (Y/n) that he loved him. He's told (Y/n) before but (Y/n) likes to zone out at the most inopportune times and not pay attention to his surroundings at all. Jean stood nervous of what was going to happen, confessing to your best friend could yield some very complicated reactions. If (Y/n) doesn't feel the same their relationship will be over..... it's a 50/50 chance of bad and good.