New kid

Makoto Tachibana x Male!Reader

Requested by otakugirl62

------

My name is (Full name), I have been jumping from school to school, city to city, and county to country due to my father's line of work. My father is a purebred American in the Army. When I was six my mother left us, forcing my father to take me everywhere with him, since it was illegal to leave children on base by themselves (and dad doesn't trust anyone), so it's been me and my father for eleven years. The two of us have been to Denmark, Germany, England, Japan, Russia, the Ukraine, and India, we usually re-visit some of the counties and cities and I occasionally get to see some familiar faces but that's been getting rarer and rarer. For the past few months dad has been stationed in Spain, me being a non-fluent Spanish speaker has had some trouble communicating and making friends, so when dad came up to me this morning and shared with me that we'd be packing up when I got home from school and heading to Japan-- familiar territory-- I wasn't even mad.

We've been to Japan on different occasions, a few different times, with different intervals of time each time..... Wow that sounded complicated....

~

All Packed and on the plane toward Tokyo, I sat with me knees hugged to my chest, my head resting on my knees, and my headphones gently on my ears blasting Unravel-- on repeat-- in my head. I mouthed the words as I prayed that the plane would land sooner than I knew it would (all these times on a plane and I still loathe them so much). I felt a tap on the top of my head, knowing full well it was my father I removed my headphones-- letting them drape around my neck and amplify the music I was listening to-- and looked up to him, to see what exactly he wanted.

"What?" I asked a little irritable

"This is your information that you are to give to the school when you get there," he handed me a turquoise colored folder "And this is your uniform for the school, please be dressed five minutes before we get there." He handed me the bag that was in his hand and then formally walked away.

I mentally cursed at him, replaced my headphones to their rightful place on top my head drowning myself in the blissful music that was blasting back at me.

I think it was a year ago that dad got promoted to Lieutenant General, and since then he has been acting more coarse to me. He acts as though I'm another soldier instead of his son....

The plane took a long time to decide to land.

When the plane decided to skid across the pavement below and come to a complete stop, I grabbed my backpack and one other bag that I was allowed to take with me and stood ready to get off. My father and the few other soldiers were let off first, then everyone else was allowed off the plane. Each family hoping that their soldier remembered to wait for them.

I got off and down the creepy hallway that took me to the hussle of the airport. I looked around me. Every sign and ever little warning had Kanji written on it, I smiled a little.

I'm here....

I looked around and made eye contact with my father, who was waiting for me (thankfully). I walked over to him, my music still blasting in my head. He grabbed the headphones and slid them down my head placing them around my neck

"Show some respect boy." he said coldly. Dad then turned toward the other soldiers to talk to them.

We waited about ten minutes for the bus to take us to Tokyo..... and drop me off at school on the way.

Oh I forgot to mention..... it's only 6 in the morning right now....

--Time Skip--

Meeting new people is always a treat. Standing in front of a room of complete strangers can tell you a lot about people before you even meet them. I glanced around, my mind marking off people to avoid as much as possible, then I made eye contact with him.... The only one to make eye contact with me throughout the whole class..... his light brown hair lay short and manageable and his passionate grassy green eyes squirmed with emotion, his build looked solid underneath his uniform... it was as if he seemed to be trying to draw me towards him.

I think I'm in love.....

"Class this will be our new student starting today." the female teacher spoke clapping her hands once to get their attention to stay, "would you please introduce yourself?" she asked kindly

I had to pull myself away from the light brown guys gaze.

"H-Hi" It's been years since I spoke Japanese.... I should've brushed up on it on the plane ride "My name is (Full name), I was born in America but I've been traveling my whole life." I bowed to them "Please take good care of me."

"Thank you (Y/n), you can take the empty seat in the back." she pointed to the second row from the back, diagonally from the light brown haired guy.

I sat down, my back to him. I had to calm my whole body, which was racing with emotions that I have never felt before.

The teacher left and the whole class erupted in conversation. I heard some kids talking to the light brown haired guy, calling him Tachibana and another name I didn't quite understand.

I don't even know what happened to the rest of the day, before I knew it the last bell rang.

I don't even remember having lunch......

I shook my head and packed up, a noticeable nervous aura looming behind me.

I stood and turned as I put my backpack on. And surprisingly no one was there, I thought I was an idiot for mistaking my own nervousness for another person. Shrugging my shoulders I began to leave the classroom, and the building in general.

Walking

Walking

Walking

Walking

Lost.....

I looked around

Now that I think about it I think I've been down this hall already.....

I stopped to pull out my phone, I called dad in an attempt to get him to come get me.

"Hello. You've reached---" his voice mail....

I hung up, not leaving a message and stood there, taking breath to calm me down.

In my process of calming myself I heard splashing. With my brows furrowed I walked towards the splashing, confused.

I noticed that I'm up by the roof, and when I got up I opened a door. It looks like a normal roof so I don't understand where the splashing is coming from.... I walked to the rail, the breeze outside suddenly sweeping my hair and calming me more. I looked ahead of me, where there was a beautiful gleaming pool.

Too bad I don't know how to swim....

I laughed through my nose.

"Mako-chan!" I heard a high pitched voice call

I looked down and I met not his eyes... no that would've been too easy......I locked eyes with his tonned, sculpted, godly, body.

Hell, I'm in love.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Thank you otakugirl62 for requesting this and I hope you enjoyed it! I really liked this prompt, as I was writing it I was thinking about making it into my next book when Mind and Body is done. Thoughts?

Sorry if there are some spelling or grammar errors... I'll fix them eventually.

Requests are OPEN!

Mondays chapter:

> Oikawa Touru (Haikyuu!!) X Unpopular! Male! Reader