Kuroko in the Kokoro

Kuroko Tetsuya X Male! Reader

He confessed to me, which caught me off guard in the first place, he told me that he loved everything about me. His face crimson red with blush and his beautiful blue eyes avoiding me in the case I rejected him. I never had even a thought of my kohai like this, I had yet to see him show any emotion that wasn't a small smile of approval or a little spout of anger... he was a hard one to read, and for the most part still is.

I accepted his confession, wanting to see where this would take me. I learned over the two years we have been together that he shows a lot of emotions, he's just very subtle about it like: His lips will curl up very slightly when he's happy, his right eye will twitch quickly in two spats when he's angry, he taps his fingers when he's worried, he twiddles his thumbs when he's hiding something, and scratches the inside of his hand when he is embarrassed. I've made it my job, so to speak, to be able to figure out this enigma everyone calls Kuroko Tetsuya.... Who knows I might fall desperately in love with him.

~

"I have practice after school today and tomorrow," Kuroko informed me as we walked to lunch practically hand-in-hand

"Okay, so after practice I'll walk you home like I normally do" I replied making him scratch the inside of his hand and his lips curl ever so slightly

"Sempai!" Furihata Koki called as he ran towards me

"Yes?" I asked confused

Furihata stopped short in front of me and began panting, as if he'd been running around the whole school just to find me.

"Furihata-kun, are you ok?" Kuroko asked

"Sempai," he looked at me, his eyes scared half to death "There's a fight"

I raised a brow and motioned for him to show me where this fight was, he pulled me towards the outside lunchroom, and Kuroko followed.

"Take that back!" I heard Kagami Taiga's voice shout in the middle of a circle of students.

"Hey!" I yelled pissed off

This is the 4th fight Kagami has been in this week.

I got through the crowd of people and into the center where Kagami, and another second year, were circling each other.

It's the same first year as the other times....

The only reason I'm so involved in this is because Kuroko asked me to make sure Kagami stays on the straight and narrow. Kagami got a little cocky this year and has yet to shake it off, so he usually picks fights over small things with the same guy who brings up small things that he knows is going to make Kagami blow up.

"End this fight now." I tried to say in an authoritative voice

"What are you going to do, Kagami?" the other guy edged him on

"Drop it!" I yelled, really pissed at this point

"I dare you--!" Kagami lunged at this guy, but I placed myself in between them and threw Kagami onto the ground (I have done it many times before).

"Kagami, don't. I have told you... I don't even know how many times, but if you get into a fight you can't play basketball." I said to him, I then looked at the other kid "And you," I pointed to him "you should get a rectal exam because you've been acting like you've got a stick up your ass." I turned and helped Kagami up and then dismissed the crowd.

Just a normal day in the life of a third year at Seirin high....

Lunch went fast, WAY too fast. I reluctantly left Kuroko in Kagami's hands and then headed to my classes.