Chapter 1

*Before you start reading this there is no, I REPEAT, no smut whatsoever in this story. If you're looking for a story with smut, this isn't one of them. Sorry!! Also, games that are mentioned throughout the story are completely made up and are not actual games. At least I think so. Anyways enjoy my lovelies -Kat*

(Mark's P.O.V.)

I sigh, rubbing my eyes, annoyed. It's been two and a half hours since I had started playing Church Bells. And yet here I am, exactly where I had started two and a half hours ago. At the very beginning.

I mess up my hair in frustration, causing it to look like a red fury mess. Stupid horror game. Stupid jumpscares! Stupid haunted church! Stupid game! My phone goes off. Muttering under my breath I glance over. I received a text message from Wade.

Wade:

You up?

Mark:

Yeah, why?

Not even a minute later, I received a reply back from him.

Wade:

New game is going to be out for the Tegua350 but the developers need six brave souls to test it out before they release it to the public. Jack, Bob, Felix, Ken and I already accepted their invite. Was wondering if you will join us?

I contemplated with myself. Sure there were other Tegua350 users out there. However, rarely anybody uses them due to the fact that it was still relatively new. The Tegua350 is like a system built into a motorcycle helmet. You control through using your voice. You put it over your head, say Tegua, start! and launch whatever game you want it to play. Now this is where it gets a little confusing. Once the Tegua launched the game that you want to play, it releases a chemical into your mind, causing you to fall asleep, linking your thoughts to the game, and then you play. In some cases, the Tegua350 will do a complete body scan of your body, and that will be your avatar. Confusing? Yes, I know. But it will make sense later on, I promise.

I sigh. I can't let my friends do something so cool and so stupid without me.

Mark:

Count me in.

Wade:

Great! Now we all have to meet up at Kilop Testing Center on June 8 around 7 a.m.

He gave me the website that I had to go to reserve my spot. I shake my head, copy the URL he sent me, and past it into Google. The first thing that greeted me in big bold letters were: TESTERS NEED. ONLY ONE SEAT REMAINING. It was too late to say no now anyways. I clicked on reserve my seat now and started to fill in my information.

-wooshy woosh time skip!-

Jack:

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrk! Are you at the hotel yet? I'm so lonely! Felix and Ken decided to stay at a different hotel! Bob and Wade are still on the plane!

I smile down at my phone as I read Jack's message. That Irish man sure knows how to make me smile. I drag my suitcase through the Sandy Beach Hotel entrance, trying to text him back.

Mark:

Yes, give me a minute to get my room. I'm in the lobby. Finally got my key, now I am in the elevator.

I sent as soon as the elevator doors closed. It was the night before the testing day. I remembered to grab my Tegua350 before I had left my house. It would've been terrible if I forget it.

Jack:

What floor are you staying on?

Mark:

Three.

I sigh as the elevator stops at floor two to pick up a couple of people and continued on its way to floor three.

The elevator made a ding noise when it reached the third floor. As soon as I pushed through the crowd of people and the elevator doors shut, a green blur came charging at me from down the hall.

"Maaark!" Jack says as he tackle hugs me. I laugh, dropping the handle of my suitcase to hug him back. He pulls back, smiling brightly, blue eyes shining. "It has been forever since I've seen you!" I chuckle as I grab the handle of my suitcase.

"It has only been two months, Jack!" We started walking down the hall.

"Two months too many!" He said while pouting. I laugh.

"Only you, Jack. Only you."

*wooooooooosh another time skip. I know, please put up with it*

Bob, Wade, Jack and I all sat around at the table in my hotel room, talking about tomorrow. I keep glancing over at Jack who hasn't said much throughout the entire conversation.

"... It's also a nice opportunity to see what it's like to actually use the Tegua350, considering there aren't many games made for it yet." Wade said. Bob nods.

"Yeah. I wonder if it's going to be a horror game. Maybe we will get to see Mark, the 'manly man' scream like a girl." Wade laughs whole Jack shakes his head.

"Well, you guys can sit there and joke around, but if it is a horror game, we shall see who really screams!" I say, wiggling my eyebrows, earning a laugh from everyone.

++++

By the time everyone was back into their own rooms, it was 11 at night. I was just about to head to bed when my phone went off, signaling that someone had texted me. I look down. It was Jack.

Mark, are you still up? I sigh yet again, sitting down on the bed.

Mark:

What's up, Jack?

Jack:

I have a nagging feeling that just won't go away.

Mark:

What's wrong, Jack?

I feel my heart speed up a little. What's wrong with Jack? He seemed perfectly fine a couple of hours ago. My phone dinged and I directed my attention back to my phone.

Jack:

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow's test...

Mark:

What do you think is going to happen?

What he says next will bother me throughout the entire night.

Jack:

I don't know what might happen. But I have a bad feeling that we are in for a harsh day tomorrow.